Moparts

440 Source Distributers? Anyone using them?

Posted By: Mr Bojangles

440 Source Distributers? Anyone using them? - 02/17/09 07:06 AM

I was looking ton their site ans saw their billet distributor...Is anyone using them? If so how are they. How well do they work with a MSD box?
Posted By: phantomx

Re: 440 Source Distributers? Anyone using them? - 02/17/09 07:47 AM

I just bought one, but it won't be in use for a while yet. I got the street dist w/vacuum advance, I don't know if the other one is the same internally or not. They told me the one I got is not tuneable, so you get what you get. He said they are typically all in by 2400 and have 24 deg of mechanical advance. If I don't like it for my GTX, I'll swap it to my Chrysler.
Travis..
Posted By: SRT8Challenger

Re: 440 Source Distributers? Anyone using them? - 02/17/09 12:35 PM

I have one on my 69 GTX, working with a 6al MSD box.
Ran it this summer, but I have the no vac advance version and I tore it apart, did some machining and epoxy to lock it at 38*.
So far seem to run fine.
I had the MSD distributer, but it was too tall and I could not fit my (N96) air box on and close the hood. The 440 Source Dist is much shorter, thats why I went with it!
Ed
Posted By: Mr Bojangles

Re: 440 Source Distributors? Anyone using them? - 02/19/09 10:03 PM

I was thinking about ordering one. But Doesn't seem too good so far? Whats the best budget distributor that you guys are running?
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: 440 Source Distributors? Anyone using them? - 02/19/09 10:28 PM

Quote:

I was thinking about ordering one. But Doesn't seem too good so far? Whats the best budget distributor that you guys are running?

The MSD billet with the Digital 6 was the
best I had on the 440.

Why mess around with a copy that you have to
cobble to get the advance where you want it.

Just buy the MSD.
© 2024 Moparts Forums