Moparts

Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ?

Posted By: 69x

Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/20/17 10:38 PM

IS there something to use on this that will help clean up a small stain ? not sure what caused the stain, thanks.
Posted By: TOMRR

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/21/17 04:32 PM

I had a small stain( Not Sure What It Was) on the fender about the size of eraser on a pencil, I tried some Turtle Wax Liquid Ice a couple of times Rubbed Very Lightly) and made it better but did not get rid of it
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/21/17 05:23 PM

Picture please. What ever you end up doing, if you rub it too hard it will burnish the spot making it look altered too.
Posted By: PossessedDuster

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/21/17 06:15 PM

Never tried it but might be worth a look

http://www.ratwax.net/
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/22/17 12:01 AM

I just had my hood painted in Organosol so I'll be watching this topic for helpful responses. Thanks. Lou

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/22/17 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By jbc426
Picture please. What ever you end up doing, if you rub it too hard it will burnish the spot making it look altered too.
I cannot get to the car right now, I know this paint is touchy, the spot is small, dime size, very thin light grey, but you can see through to the black paint.
Posted By: dan9

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/22/17 08:15 PM

It think it will be tough to do. If you rub too hard you will make it shiney, then you will look at that spot every time you get near the car.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/23/17 03:19 AM

Maybe dampen a q-tip with wax and grease remover and lightly wet the area just to see what it does?
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/23/17 07:18 PM

Yeah, organisol (vinyl paint) is not very "tough". Make SURE whatever cleaner you use it doesn't contain any chemical in it that ends in "one" (ketones, like acetone) since those will completely dissolve organisol paint pretty quick. Toluene/xylene/glycol ethers are pretty tough on organisols too. You might be stuck with hot soap & water....."maybe" some type of alcohol (isopropanol, ethanol) but be careful with those too and "test in an inconspicuous area first" just to be sure.
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/23/17 07:59 PM

If it were me, I'd try car wash in water with a bristle brush but selecting what kind of rigidity to use would be a problem. I'd use the softest bristles first and work my way to stiffer until I got some noticeable results. Just an idea I had but it isn't proven from my part yet.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 01/23/17 09:31 PM

Why rub on the paint at all? Let the cleaner/chemical loosen it. As mentioned try your solvents and soaps in a hidden area first to make sure it will not melt the paint. You have a textured paint and rubbing it will change the texture.

Do you have any idea what this stain is? Petroleum or organic based? Tree sap, bug juice, food, paint, oil/grease?

Try cooking oil & peanut butter they can loosen things and make them slide off. They will leave a residue and feed the paint and make it look different. A bit of simple green Will remove that.

Some brake clean removes paint, others do not. Experiment with that if needed.

Bristle brush is not much different than sandpaper.

Re: Can you remove a small stain from black Organosol paint ? - 05/17/17 06:37 PM

Well I found something that works.

Wizards 01220 Wipe Down Matte Paint Detailer

I was very happy with the results
© 2024 Moparts Forums