Moparts

Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges?

Posted By: PLUM_72

Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/11/17 11:09 PM

I know...I've read all the old posts, rebuild your old hinges...yeah yeah. Who has used the repro AMD door hinges and what are your thoughts about them? On car experience please!
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/12/17 12:26 AM

I bought a set off of Richard Ehrenburg. Decent price, delivery, etc.. Do a name search in last quarter's b-body parts for sale forum. He always seems to have them.
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/12/17 02:42 AM

I was talking with Craig Hopkins at the AMD Installation center a couple months ago. He said the AMD hinges are good but found something about the angle a bit too tight to make door adjustments easier. He recommended rebuilt if you have a good core set to use. If not the AMD ones would work but may require a bit more time to get things properly lined up.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/12/17 03:43 AM

my painter put a set on a Dart we did 2 years ago. Other than a little tight for a while Ive not heard any issues from the customer
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/12/17 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By moparmojo
I was talking with Craig Hopkins at the AMD Installation center a couple months ago. He said the AMD hinges are good but found something about the angle a bit too tight to make door adjustments easier. He recommended rebuilt if you have a good core set to use. If not the AMD ones would work but may require a bit more time to get things properly lined up.

even the guy that works for AMD knows better.. laugh2
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Who Has Used AMD Door Hinges? - 01/12/17 07:36 AM

Priceless
© 2024 Moparts Forums