Moparts

1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question

Posted By: biginchmotor

1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 01:31 AM

A friend is changing over his front drums to disc brakes on his 70 cuda. I see inline tube sells the proper valve to do this. Would someone have a reference picture of this valve mounted on the car? Also there is another hold off valve shown in their product picture. How does this valve mount? The picture shows this small valve but I do not see a mounting bracket. Thanks John.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 03:26 AM

The service manual showes the different valves
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 03:46 AM

Drums or discs on the rear?
Gus beer
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 03:53 AM

I think this is later than you are requesting but it's a start

Attached picture brakes.jpg
Attached picture brake line proportioning metering valve s.jpg

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 04:30 AM

The car has 11 inch drums in the rear. That is a great picture. I do not have a factory service manual handy, would someone have an illustration for a 70 -71 cuda disc brake car ? Thanks John.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By biginchmotor
A friend is changing over his front drums to disc brakes on his 70 cuda. I see inline tube sells the proper valve to do this. Would someone have a reference picture of this valve mounted on the car? Also there is another hold off valve shown in their product picture. How does this valve mount? The picture shows this small valve but I do not see a mounting bracket. Thanks John.

I avoid the In-Line brand proportioning valve (PV) has too many issues from leaks to non functioning, to stuck valve assys, buy the one from FINELINES

here's a few photos

Attached picture ebody.jpg
Attached picture 5433957-70BrakeMeteringValves.jpg

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 04:47 AM

more

Attached picture brakes1.JPG
Attached picture brakes2.JPG

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 08:58 PM

Thanks for posting those pictures dayclona. I went to fine lines web site and could not find that part #. I will give them a call Tuesday morning. John.

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By biginchmotor
Thanks for posting those pictures dayclona. I went to fine lines web site and could not find that part #. I will give them a call Tuesday morning. John.

IIRC FINELINES uses the same PN# as IN-LINE TUBE, part is from the same oversea vendor (China repro) but FINELINES disassembles and rebuilds/tests the unit prior to shipping to customer because of the known issues with this valve, IN-Line Tube just repackages it for resale

mike

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 12/31/16 11:10 PM

Good info, thanks again.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 01/02/17 03:44 AM

I also swapped a front disc set up from a 70 cuda to another 70 cuda with an automatic floor shift, my problem is that the rear proportional valve bolts into the frame in the same spot that the reverse lock out z-bar bracket attaches to I think? that picture I would like to see if anyone has that combination..
Posted By: magiccuda

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 01/02/17 03:31 PM

If Im not mistaken fine lines no longer sells them, You might try MP brakes.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 01/02/17 06:54 PM

Quote:
the rear proportional valve bolts into the frame in the same spot that the reverse lock out z-bar bracket attaches to I think? that picture I would like to see if anyone has that combination

AARConv, I believe the valve bolts on farther back than the lockout linkage. In this pic of my car you can see the tapped bolt holes for the linkage bracket ahead of the valve.

jess

Attached picture brake valves.jpg
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: 1970 Cuda disc brake conversion question - 01/02/17 08:01 PM

Here is a good picture of an E-body prop valve installed:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/2901851-PropValve.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums