Moparts

newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them?

Posted By: jcastle1

newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 05:10 PM

I want to buy my brother a newer style master cylinder for his 69 road runner drum brakes. His is leaking. I purchased mine several years ago from Rick Ehrenberg. Don't know if he is still around on here or not but he sold his with a 2 bolt aluminum convertor. Would like to spend less than $100 but want the biggest bore size available.
Thoughts?
Posted By: burdar

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 05:16 PM

Dr Diff sells master cylinder kits with the adapter plate.

http://www.doctordiff.com/aluminum-master-cylinder-kit.html
The larger bore might make the pedal very hard and give you worse braking. Call and talk to Cass and see what he recommends for your application.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By jcastle1
I want to buy my brother a newer style master cylinder for his 69 road runner drum brakes. His is leaking. I purchased mine several years ago from Rick Ehrenberg. Don't know if he is still around on here or not but he sold his with a 2 bolt aluminum convertor. Would like to spend less than $100 but want the biggest bore size available.
Thoughts?

thoughts, hmm.

Don't.

There, that's my thought.

1. There is no two bolt M/C designed for all drums.

2. Why would you want "the biggest bore size available"?

Those two points form the basis for my "thought".
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 06:03 PM

I had an aluminum truck 1&1/8 2 bolt MC on my 65 dart with drums & worked good for pedal effort/travel except the 9" front brakes were very inadequate & I even had em arced to the drums. I would call the Doc & go from there
Posted By: CDN72SE

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By jcastle1
I want to buy my brother a newer style master cylinder for his 69 road runner drum brakes. His is leaking. I purchased mine several years ago from Rick Ehrenberg. Don't know if he is still around on here or not but he sold his with a 2 bolt aluminum convertor.

I bought one from RE but have not installed it yet, he still sells on http://www.ebay.com/sch/rehrenberg/m.htm...788.m1543.l2654

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By RapidRobert
I had an aluminum truck 1&1/8 2 bolt MC on my 65 dart with drums & worked good for pedal effort/travel except the 9" front brakes were very inadequate & I even had em arced to the drums. I would call the Doc & go from there

What did you do for a residual pressure valve?

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 06:48 PM

I did not use one, I just kept the "T" as at the time I was in a rush to get a DD going. I know those 9" drums ain't much but there was something wrong & I could not figure out what it was, it felt like a fluid restriction, that the corners just weren't recieving enough PSI. pedal effort/travel SEEMED OK but maybe I did need a smaller bore for more leverage/psi

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 07:06 PM

I'm confused, the 65 had a single pot M/C, you ran a dual pot, which is ok, but to say you kept the T?

Did you replumb for the dual setup?

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/12/16 07:13 PM

I forgot that detail (was a few years back). I unscrewed the rear line from the T & capped the T then ran the forward bowl back to the line & connected em with a double female Edelman brass fitting. EDIT In addition I used an Edelman reducer at one bowl to go from the MC 3/16 to the 1/4 line of the OE single "out" line

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/13/16 02:57 PM

thoughts, hmm.

Don't.

There, that's my thought.

1. There is no two bolt M/C designed for all drums.

2. Why would you want "the biggest bore size available"?

Those two points form the basis for my "thought".

Well, I know that's not true, I have one on my own Plymouth which has 4 wheel drum brakes and it works great!

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/13/16 03:28 PM

What are the differences between an all drum M/C and a drum/disc M/C?

You don't know because if you did you'd not make the claim you did.

So you go right on thinking you know what's up, cause lord knows Chrysler pissed away all that money on engineering a new M/C design because they were too stupid to consult you.

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/15/16 02:44 PM

you're right, I don't know, that's why I'm on here asking. Having said that, I have the newer style master with the bigger bore which I installed when the oe unit gave out. Pedal feels much better now.

No need to be condescending.
Posted By: skicker

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/15/16 05:02 PM

I'm not getting involved in y'alls little pissing contest fan but I just went through the same thing ordering a 2-bolt m/c from Cass. After talking with him about it being four-wheel drum he recommended the 15/16" unit...not the 1 1/8"... twocents
Posted By: GY3

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/15/16 07:38 PM

Auto zone sells them under the Fenco brand.

$26.00 for the 1 1/8 or 15/16.

They include the plastic reservoir.

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/18/16 04:59 AM

Auto zone sells them under the Fenco brand.

$26.00 for the 1 1/8 or 15/16.

They include the plastic reservoir.

Anyone have a part number for this one? Called 2 Autozones and they claim to only carry Duralast brand.

Re: newer style master cylinder - who on here sells them? - 10/18/16 07:20 AM

the price is certainly reasonable enough. they say you get what you pay for but I've always had good luck with rebuilt part house MC's
© 2024 Moparts Forums