Moparts

What custom seats or recent replacement leather, power

Posted By: 70rtshaker

What custom seats or recent replacement leather, power - 02/10/09 05:00 PM

Do you have any suggestions/pictures of replacement seats for E-body with the original console, I want to install some aftermarket custom seats or some leather and power units from some salvage, Suggestions or tips what will fit and look nice in a pro-street cuda.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: What custom seats or recent replacement leather, po - 02/10/09 07:15 PM

If you go salvage like I did you will have to make or modify the mounting brackets. The width will probably not be an issue as most newer leather seats are narrow. I found some brand new 2005 Lincoln LS on ePay a year or two ago. Very comfy with a gazillion adjustments, heat and cooling. After centering the seats off the steering wheel there was just the right space left for the stock console and seat belts. My favorites are 2004 and newer Cadilliac STS, Lincoln LS, Chrysler 300, Any SRT8, BMW that are built by Lear and some of the Lexus seats. Do a search on eBay for "leather seats" Beware anything older than 3 years as the pics may not show wear.

Note - If the driver seat has memory you will have to bypass the memory module and wire the power like the passenger seat.

© 2024 Moparts Forums