Moparts

E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda

Posted By: 6PacCuda

E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 08/30/16 11:04 PM

I am working on a 74 Cuda and was given a new black carpet set. I was looking at the box and it says its for a Challenger. What is the difference between the two. Both cars are automatics. I know the Challenger has a longer wheel base, but I thought that would not matter since the carpet is two piece.
Posted By: 71STROKERFISH

Re: E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 08/31/16 08:35 PM

Good question....I'd ask Year One. Is it a console/auto/4-speed car?
Posted By: BDW

Re: E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 08/31/16 11:24 PM

I'd check RockAuto to see if the PNs are different
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 09/01/16 04:38 AM

Only difference is the rear piece is longer for the Challenger. No problem using in a Cuda. Just trim it back if needed.
Posted By: 6PacCuda

Re: E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 09/01/16 04:31 PM

I was hoping it was the back piece that was different. I called Legendary and all he could tell me was that there are different part #'s between a Cuda and Challenger. Looks like I will be good to go and I will just run the extra under the front piece if needed.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: E-body Carpet set difference between Challenger and Cuda - 09/01/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By 6PacCuda
I was hoping it was the back piece that was different. I called Legendary and all he could tell me was that there are different part #'s between a Cuda and Challenger. Looks like I will be good to go and I will just run the extra under the front piece if needed.

You should be good to go if you trim the back piece
© 2024 Moparts Forums