Moparts

dog dish sizes

Posted By: ngpSatellite

dog dish sizes - 08/22/16 08:18 PM

I got a hold of some 10 inch mopar vintage dog dishes .... anyone know what king of old school steal rims that would work with these ... I would like to use 15s on a 67 satellite
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/23/16 08:27 AM

I think there was a spread of years for steelies that used the small dog dishes, don't remember if it was early or late but here is a BTT for ya
Posted By: ngpSatellite

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/23/16 11:54 AM

Thanks Robert!

dug up some info for reference from a website..

We can't hide our passion for stock-looking musclecars from the 60's & 70's. Nothing beats that factory-fresh look like adding a set of steel wheels with dog-dish caps!

Produced back in "the days" by Kelsey-Hayes/Motor Wheel, the wheels we sell are the Real McCoy - genuine Kelsey-Hayes/Motor Wheel wheels. Not available new anymore, ours are originals that have been inspected, spun (to check trueness), shot-blasted to clean steel, then individually boxed. *They are not primered anymore because of many requests - many people have them powder coated which would require stripping again. When you pull one out of the box, what you'll have is an original Kelsey-Hayes/Motor Wheel wheel as close to new as possible. **NOTE: Shot-Blasting leaves the steel grainy - some sanding will be required & then primer will fill the rest of the grain.

Features:

Multiple wheels will always match each other
Wheels are guaranteed to balance with normal weighting
Mopar wheels 1968 & newer accept the smaller Dog-Dish caps (9" OD). Mopar wheels 1967 & earlier use the larger Dog-Dish caps (10-1/4" OD). We can supply both types of Mopar wheels.
All Mopar and Ford wheels are 5-hole on 4.5" center (large) bolt pattern. (Sorry - no A-Body mopar wheels)
GM wheels are 5-hole on 4.3/4" center
(GTO, 442, Camaro, Chevelle, Firebird, Corvette, etc.)
Lug holes will not be oblong or chewed-up
If you are using aftermarket disc brake setups, we cannot guarantee factory wheels to fit over the aftermarket calipers.
Posted By: Part_Stalker

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/23/16 10:01 PM

You are going to have a hard time finding wheels in a 15" that take the 10" dish. I think the choices are custom or find some mid 50's half ton truck wheels. There was a set on an old 64 Fury I had and pretty sure they came off a truck. I still have them but remember they are fairly narrow.
Posted By: moparx

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/24/16 03:33 PM

my brother has a 69 A-100 that came with two wheels [one on the front, one on the rear. go figger] that accepted the big, early, dog dish cap. those were 15x4 1/2" wide. the other two wheels were also mis-matched, but i don't remember how. he changed all out to a matching 15x7 late style wheel and sold the 15x4 1/2's to a fellow who was building a max wedge car [if i remember right]. i'm not sure if those 4 1/2 wide wheels were original to his 69 or not, but i can't find any reference to a 15x4 1/2" wheel in my interchange books except early 55-56 6cyl, 48-56 Bseries, and 57-65 dodge 100 series truck. studebaker cars and trucks from the 50's [maybe into the early 60's] had a 15x4 wheel that take the small dog dish cap. i have 3 of these wheels that were chromed many, many moons ago, and still look very nice today. my plan for those is to be used in a wheel rotation program i have planned for my humpback.
beer
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/24/16 04:16 PM

You can make the 10" fit anything !

Attached picture Picture 132.JPG
Posted By: Part_Stalker

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/24/16 04:50 PM

Care to share the secret?
Posted By: 440farmer

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/24/16 05:48 PM

What kind of screws? bolts are they??
Allen head cap screws modified with a slight lip??
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: dog dish sizes - 08/24/16 07:32 PM

Allen head cap machine with the back side beveled,set at the right depth,they work perfect,easy on and off and the hub cap won't come off by itself.
© 2024 Moparts Forums