Moparts

Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body

Posted By: Finoke

Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 05:17 AM

Does anybody have any pictures of what a 3 speed manual trans shifter looks like in the interior of a 70 / 71 Cuda or Challenger?

Thanks,
Tom
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 06:16 AM

scope

Attached picture 3-spd 1971 Barracuda parts catalog.jpg

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By 6bblgt
scope

Looks good, thanks! Do you know if console could be had with a 3 speed?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 06:47 AM

the 3-spd shifter is in the same position as the pistol grip & I see no restriction in the "salesman price guides" - I believe the console was available with the 3-spd

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 07:03 AM

Thanks Dan!
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 01:17 PM

I've got an old parts car and it had a slant 6 with a 3 speed. I believe it had a console as well. 70 barracuda.
Posted By: cruzin

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 05:58 PM

'70 Challenger, 318 / 3 speed.

Attached picture Shifter.JPG

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/20/16 07:54 PM

Looking good, thanks Guys!
Posted By: Adm413

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/21/16 01:41 AM

Yes, the console was available with a three speed.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/21/16 03:33 AM

No pic (sorry) but my 5/70 LA produced 70 318/3spd deputy challenger had a console.
jt

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/21/16 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By Adm413
Yes, the console was available with a three speed.

Wow, I would like to hear more about the red car!

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/21/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By jt4406
No pic (sorry) but my 5/70 LA produced 70 318/3spd deputy challenger had a console.
jt

Nice! The reason I ask is I may have the opportunity to buy a Cuda convertible with a 3 speed. Hopefully more to come.

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/23/16 02:08 AM

Nice! The reason I ask is I may have the opportunity to buy a Cuda convertible with a 3 speed. Hopefully more to come. [/quote]

A Cuda or Barracuda? Cuda is very rare. Mine is a Barracuda. One of 125 with 318/ 3speed. White with red gut convertible. Nicely optioned with rally dash, six way seat, rim blow wheel, deluxe seat belts and console. Car is also coded for red body side molding which has the red pinstripe around it. It is all matching numbers and is a daily summer driver for me. Just fixing and replacing things as needed until I can do a full body and paint resto.

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/23/16 02:18 AM

Quote:
Nice! The reason I ask is I may have the opportunity to buy a Cuda convertible with a 3 speed. Hopefully more to come.

A Cuda or Barracuda? Cuda is very rare. Mine is a Barracuda. One of 125 with 318/ 3speed. White with red gut convertible. Nicely optioned with rally dash, six way seat, rim blow wheel, deluxe seat belts and console. Car is also coded for red body side molding which has the red pinstripe around it. It is all matching numbers and is a daily summer driver for me. Just fixing and replacing things as needed until I can do a full body and paint resto.

Love the red interior. Very cool with the 3 speed! Yes the car I'm perusing is a real 3 speed Cuda Vert. Hopefully more to come.

What are the production numbers for a 71 three speed Cuda vert?

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/23/16 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By Finoke
Galen's book says 19 340's and 9 383's. I believe that is only US production though. Still very rare. Good luck. What are the details?

Quote:

Love the red interior. Very cool with the 3 speed! Yes the car I'm perusing is a real 3 speed Cuda Vert. Hopefully more to come.

What are the production numbers for a 71 three speed Cuda vert?
Posted By: 340swing

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/23/16 03:22 AM

Finally getting mine together let me know if you need any other pictures. 1970 Cuda convertible 340 3spd EK2 black top and interior.

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 06/27/16 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By 340swing
Finally getting mine together let me know if you need any other pictures. 1970 Cuda convertible 340 3spd EK2 black top and interior.

Very cool. Thanks for the info guys. Trying to work a deal on the car now, Will report back up

Re: Picture request: 3 speed manual trans interior E body - 07/03/16 03:23 AM

Here is a teaser.... In Violet 383 Cuda convertible Billboard car with a 3 speed and am/fm. Cassette....

Attached picture image.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums