Moparts

Best Water Pump

Posted By: jeebis44

Best Water Pump - 06/09/16 06:05 PM

What's the best water pump to use on a warmed up daily driven 318? I was looking at getting the Milodon 16250 for this application... will be driven hard and in Florida (Hot). Also, I'm having a heck of a time finding a brass 3 row radiator that fits my '82 Gran Fury (M-Body) everything I see is the plastic tank/aluminum crap
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/09/16 07:39 PM

get a parts house 8 blader (non AC) & you will be fine. cut an anticav plate on it if desired. I cut one out of the side of an old washing machine. cut the OD slightly less than the OD of the blade tips so you can tack several of em and drill a center hole & tack it there too. concentrate on a good 3 row and an MP clutch fan with 7 blades properly postitioned into a schroud with a 180 stat and proper pulley ratio. #1 need good airflow
Posted By: dartgame

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/09/16 08:24 PM

I found the flow cooler pumps to be superior. I did a comparison of stock so called high flow and flow cooler pumps. Only the flow cooler had a special impeller design. This was for the cast iron early style LA motor.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 02:51 AM

Same here, Flow Cooler. Nice pump.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 06:00 AM

Edelbrock pumps have a steel disc that takes up the entire opening on the timing cover and they have long curved blades with a lot of surface area to move more water volume per revolution. They work great, but they do cost more than the others.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 04:22 PM

agreed, the aftermarket pumps flow more IF NEEDED, & are pricey which I wouldn't think would be needed in this app. find a good radiator! I'd get a Champion 3 row from the guy on here who sells (& guarantees em). my Champion 2 row (eBay) was 189 to my door
Posted By: satjoe

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 05:37 PM

i bought a moroso one. it was a gnb with a steel disc on the back. it works great, but I can buy a gnb from autozone or advance and do the same mods myself, and save money.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 11:01 PM

I've had very good results with GNB pumps.
Posted By: Adam71Charger

Re: Best Water Pump - 06/10/16 11:17 PM

flowkooler
© 2024 Moparts Forums