Moparts

1970 V code road runner dash wiring help

Posted By: Rodney

1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/27/16 09:01 PM

I am putting together my 70 RR V code 4 speed car which was taken apart many years ago. Working on the under dash wire harness which as far as I know is original to the car when built.
The wires with the eyelets blue with white tracer and light green I am not finding a use for? shown in the image. I hooked them to a circuit breaker but that doesn't seem to be correct. with the wires connected together the headlights stay on when the head lamp switch is off and the ignition key in the run position.
The plug in the center of the 2 wires is for the flasher.
The amp gauge and other dash switches work.
Yes I have a service manual for the car and have searched for more info. with no luck. Any ideas?

Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/27/16 09:36 PM

I don't have the FSM here, but do you have unusual options like convertible top or power locks?

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/27/16 09:46 PM

no power accessories it does have the wire to the solenoid for the center carb. one of those things that will bug me until I understand what they are for. or how to terminate them they way the should be?

Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/27/16 10:57 PM

Looks like some very nice Bentley level body and paint work. Black's tough.

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/27/16 11:30 PM

I did it all :} tons of hours but worth it.
big long fairing boards and don't prime it until it is ready {straight}.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/28/16 06:38 PM

Pretty sure those wires or for 70 Charger only and are for the headlamp door relay. You will have to double check this.....from memory only. Good luck!
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/28/16 07:39 PM

Do you have the full sweep speedometer dash? Those terminals aren't in a Rallye Dash Harness. The light green pigtail is on the power wire from switched on headlights to floor dimmer switch circuit. The blue with white tracer pigtail is on your Ignition 1 circuit. Don't connect these together. Farther to the left of your pic you can see light green wires in a female bullet pigtail. That is the connection for the Charger headlight door relay.

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/28/16 10:49 PM

ok thanks that explains it. the dash harness must have been swapped out at some point before I purchased the RR.
all of the other gauges work and everything else seems to fit ok.
I will shrink tube and tie them up out of the way.
back glass installed using a 3/8 tape

Re: 1970 V code road runner dash wiring help - 05/28/16 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By Pynzo
Do you have the full sweep speedometer dash? Those terminals aren't in a Rallye Dash Harness. The light green pigtail is on the power wire from switched on headlights to floor dimmer switch circuit. The blue with white tracer pigtail is on your Ignition 1 circuit. Don't connect these together. Farther to the left of your pic you can see light green wires in a female bullet pigtail. That is the connection for the Charger headlight door relay.

rally dash 150 speedometer
© 2024 Moparts Forums