Moparts

8mm Wires for electronic Ignition

Posted By: sixpackman

8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/09/16 06:38 PM

Hello,

Looking to put electronic Ignition on my 440-6 pack car. For some reason I can't find a set of 8mm wires that are black in color that are for my car? I know this is a stupid question but I'm amazed I cant find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/09/16 07:07 PM

I cant say that I have heard of 8mm wires (dont mean they ain't out there tho!). would there be a problem wiring it with regular adequate gauge wiring & on the ECU pentastar connector one of the wires is black/yellow (to coil neg) and another one is grey/black (to the male terminal on the body half of the zigzag connector for the dist pickup). EDIT opps my bad you are speaking of plug wires (I knew I was missing something!)
Posted By: therocks

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/09/16 07:07 PM

I think a member Sunroof GTX has them.taylor also should make 8 mm blacks.ive run taylors for the last 20 years with no problems.last set I ran for almost 20 years.Changed them because they were looking ratty.rocky
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/09/16 07:12 PM

Are you running headers? If not I would run a set of 7MM thumbs
Posted By: therocks

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/09/16 09:38 PM

Taylors with 2 inc TTIS and no problems.My kid ran 2 1/8 tubes with them.Also ran then on 4 small blocks ,Durango,and my 57 chrysler.Rocky
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/10/16 02:59 AM

We have them. Let me know what your options are. Headers, distributor, coil? Thanks

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/10/16 03:33 AM

These are 8mm
Posted By: sixpackman

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/10/16 12:47 PM

My car is completely stock. I bought date coded correct wires for it. Had a problem with them. When returning them I got sent to the company who made the wires. Got talking with them and was told that I CAN'T run them with electronic Ignition because they are to small and not rated for it.
Posted By: wesgtx440

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/10/16 03:52 PM

Check out the wires from FireCore.

https://www.customwiresets.com/product.php?productid=16236&cat=299&page=1
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/10/16 04:07 PM

Quote:
Got talking with them and was told that I CAN'T run them with electronic Ignition because they are to small and not rated for it.
They dont want to make it right & I understand that (not agreeing tho) but what a lame excuse they put on you, they know better than that, go after em!

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/11/16 04:06 AM

Mancini has them. They are sponsors here..
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/11/16 04:32 AM

Get a set of Firecore's and you will be very happy! All wires are topnotch and service second to none. I have bought sets for myself and a couple of friends over the years with 100 percent satisfaction. Plus pricing is more than fair for such a nice product.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/11/16 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackman
My car is completely stock. I bought date coded correct wires for it. Had a problem with them. When returning them I got sent to the company who made the wires. Got talking with them and was told that I CAN'T run them with electronic Ignition because they are to small and not rated for it.

Their claim is what falls out the south end of a north bound horse.

Stock electronic ignition is no more intense than stock points ignition. Just less stuff to wear and more reliable is all.

Key word is stock. No claims are being made in regards to CD or other aftermarket ignitions.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: 8mm Wires for electronic Ignition - 05/11/16 10:17 PM

One word. FIRECORE, BABY! boogie You won't be sorry with their stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums