Moparts

440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ???

Posted By: cocamcuda

440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/09/16 04:38 AM

any body using this combo ,good results ???.any problems ??? thanks jim
Posted By: CSK

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/09/16 06:43 AM

I have their pump & housing on my 512 with AC, I am in south Texas & car runs nice & cool.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/09/16 03:30 PM

Running both on my 68 GTS here in Arizona. No problems so far
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/09/16 05:52 PM

I'm a fan of the GMB pumps they build them for Milodon basic pump is on Amazon and EBay for $25... The pump housing are as good as any. Just watch for core shift causing a narrowing. It was an issue a few years ago on the offshore aluminum housings

Edit: the GMB is also availble with a cavitation plate the part number is 120-1200. For the plate version add a "p" that one is identical to the Milodon, even has the GMB cast in it. They're Japanese built not China last I saw. .02
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/09/16 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By dart4forte
Running both on my 68 GTS here in Arizona. No problems so far
is that one of their "scroll" curved impeller vane pumps? I have one but ain't got that far yet (451)
Posted By: hyefatman

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/10/16 05:16 AM

had to remove them from all my big block cars... total junk car will over heat when idling works fine in drive mode... 440 source knows of past problem but refused my refund on 5 units replaced with Milodon

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60599.0.html
Posted By: GY3

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/10/16 03:25 PM

My 505" urged '63 Dodge gets driven everywhere with one. It has a stock early B radiator and makes enough steam (pun intended) to run 11.30's.

Never moves off of 190° even in heavy traffic.
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: 440 source water pump & housing, big block, review ??? - 04/10/16 05:46 PM

I was running a gmp pump and 987 hkojsing on my duster, it was running too cool. I tried a few different thermostat with no luck keeping the temp up over 170. In traffic it would creep up to about 190. I never thought I would have that problem. I started chasing a leak I thought I narrowed it down to pump leaking from the weephole. I decided if I was removing the shroud, rad, and clutch fan to change the pump I was going to do the new 440source pump, housing, and thermostat housing. The temp is more stable And now stays at 185 all the time. I can't say something was wrong with the old setup but the 440source combo is working great for me in my bb duster. They did have a problem with a restriction a while back but it has been corrected.
© 2024 Moparts Forums