Moparts

bucket seats identification

Posted By: moparmafia

bucket seats identification - 03/01/16 02:18 AM

I have a pair of bucket seats and dont know what they are out of . can anyone help identify these? I am thinking a body but not sure.

Attached picture abodyseats.jpg
Attached picture buckets2.jpg
Posted By: flypaper

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/01/16 02:24 AM

they look like late ebody to me?
Posted By: mopargem

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/01/16 04:24 AM

73-4 ebony all vinyl no seat backs. That style back was used early 71 e and b body and used on b body through 74. Not sure on a body but same back as my late 71 duster. All seats frames are the same except 70- early 71 just diffent foam, covers and tracks vary also.
Posted By: Sedanman

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/01/16 10:02 AM

same as A but the tracks make the difference. The frames usually have multiple hole locations for each body type.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/02/16 01:08 AM

They look like recovered 72 E-bodies to me.

70 & early 71 had different style backs and latch buttons, the button assembly and back were two pieces in those years. 73 & 74 had vinyl fabric backs and levers to release the seat latch. Those look like the late 71 and 72 E body and 71 through 74 B body that had 1 piece plastic backs.

The portion you sit on of the backs and bottoms in 70 & 71 are very flat while the 72, 73 & 74 (e bodies only) had foam bolsters on the sides and it made the seats more contoured and less flat.

72 was a transition from the older style to the newer style and it appears to be a 71 style back and the 73&74 later style seats but I have never seen any B or E body with pleats in the headrests.
Posted By: moparmafia

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/02/16 04:47 AM

I was going to list them for sale but hard to do since i dont know for sure what they are out of.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/02/16 04:54 AM

get a clear pic of the seat release on the side
its hard to tell what it is from your pics
to me they look closer to the seats in my 74 challenger
then the ones in my 71 road runner.
the skins don't look original
so it gives it some confusion
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: bucket seats identification - 03/04/16 09:55 PM

Pull the backs off one of them. Might see some OE date tag or part # info on them - metal or paper tag attached to the springs. No broad cast sheet tucked under the lower cushion springs?
© 2024 Moparts Forums