Moparts

Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue?

Posted By: NV69B7RR

Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/29/16 11:18 PM

Just curious if anybody has compared them?
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 01:11 AM

A friend of mine has a shotgun Mustang in Grabber Blue...

He is a painter by trade...

We talked about this very subject...

His take???

Very close...
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 01:57 AM

Years ago I had a Dart Sport that needed paint and I found a gallon of Grabber Blue Centari in the recycler for $25, no one knew the difference. Damn close match.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 04:17 AM

I bought a can from Napa to paint my enigne to match my car.

While it looked close at the the enigne shop when I finally got it home next to the car the difference was highly noticable.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 04:27 AM

I believe the Summit paint it is a little darker since it matched the latest grabber blue. I got some touchup paint from Ford for our B3 challenger and it was darker. It was painted on the exterior with PPG paint and it matched the door jams perfectly, but the touchup was a little darker. My B3 Duster was painted with Sherwin Williams basecoat/clearcoat and they still list the B3 paint code. If you are not trying to match/blend existing paint, it may be close enough to your satisfaction.

Attached picture Burtonsville1.jpg
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 04:39 AM

Omni B3

Attached picture dart1 008.jpg

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 04:58 AM

Since my Demon and my Cuda are both TB3 cars originally I was looking to do some of the painting myself. I was hoping the Summit paint would be a match, as its affordable and user friendly.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 05:27 AM

If you want to get surgical, compare the formula's...
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 05:31 AM

I had plans also on the summit paint but WI changed there laws and summit wont ship here.So I went with Omni which is still affordable,paint was $140 a gal and the clear is $80 a gal

Re: Summit racing paint, Boss Blue a match for TB3 Petty Blue? - 01/30/16 05:34 AM

Thanks wannadrag, I'll give the Omni a try.
© 2024 Moparts Forums