Moparts

M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt

Posted By: Transamcuda

M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 04:20 AM

I try to never use the word expert when it comes to stuff like this but you are as close to an expert on this stuff as they come... That said... Dwight... Could you get the M46 code on a 383 4 bbl Barracuda???
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 05:15 AM

I'll hold off from answering that and let him post from my computer in an hour or so, he'll be here visiting.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 05:48 AM

Is this an all play? Or just the guru?
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 05:57 AM

I'll let Dwight be the final word, but it was available on any Barracuda (not Gran Coupe or 'Cuda) with any engine from 198 up to 383.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By Diego (not Ted)
I'll let Dwight be the final word, but it was available on any Barracuda (not Gran Coupe or 'Cuda) with any engine from 198 up to 383.

Agreed, just the BH models...that we know of

Attached picture m46.JPG
Attached picture m46r.JPG

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 06:36 AM

This is Dwight, Yes, available with any base (BH) Barracuda (not Cuda). Guess what else you could get on one? A Shaker hood, although I don't think any were actually built.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 06:57 AM

& the coolest M46 Barracuda I know to exist is

white (EW1) red interior (H6E4) & 383HP 4-spd (E63/D21) - currently "limelight" 'Cuda clone

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 07:31 AM

CudaRex's car in Texas, cool car for sure

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 08:06 AM

Totally non functional option, but cool dress up item!...I thought there was an interest in reproing this option discussed quite some time ago, either here, or perhaps it was at Cuda/Chall.com?, did anything ever come of it?...IIRC these scoops are a potmetal casting that are covered in elastromeric rubber coating much like the E body rubber bumpers?...yes/no?

Mike

Attached picture m46r.JPG
Attached picture m46rtd.JPG

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 08:17 AM

Quote:
Totally non functional option, but cool dress up item!...I thought there was an interest in reproing this option discussed quite some time ago, either here, or perhaps it was at Cuda/Chall.com?, did anything ever come of it?...IIRC these scoops are a potmetal casting that are covered in elastromeric rubber coating much like the E body rubber bumpers?...yes/no?

That was me (Scott) on the scoop project, I still have the molds, only sold a couple sets, demand is low to non existent. Yes, steel cores with a rubber coating (that delaminated from the core quite easily) it was not the same material as the bumpers, softer durometer. Also, there were two styles made, probably a running design change. One style had hidden mounting studs molded in, the other style used screws to mount them on that were visible after installation. The repros I made were solid Urethane simply because of the quantities and economics in making such small numbers of them.

Here's a fender tag for a BH23N0 M46 car

Attached picture M46 Tag.jpg

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Quote:

That was me (Scott) on the scoop project, I still have the molds, only sold a couple sets, demand is low to non existent. Yes, steel cores with a rubber coating (that delaminated from the core quite easily) it was not the same material as the bumpers, softer durometer. Also, there were two styles made, probably a running design change. One style had hidden mounting studs molded in, the other style used screws to mount them on that were visible after installation. The repros I made were solid Urethane simply because of the quantities and economics in making such small numbers of them.

Here's a fender tag for a BH23N0 M46 car

That's good to know!, I'm glad someone tackled the project

Mike
Posted By: cudarex

Re: M46 for Barracudas. Question for Dwight Rindt - 01/29/16 11:20 PM

Didn't know the significance of my M46 car before I started my project. I guess someday it could be brought back to original. I haven't done any major mods.
© 2024 Moparts Forums