Moparts

clutch fork installation

Posted By: BigDaddy440

clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 09:22 AM

New question!

Is this clutch fork riding on this T.O. bearing correctly, or should it fit further in so that the fork arms hug the bearing a bit more?

If I unbolted the pivot tab, and turned it around I believe the fork would move closer to the bearing.

I just want to make sure I'm installing it correctly. Thanks.

Posted By: rth

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 10:45 AM

The fork ends should be centered on the bearing. Also the clips are on backwards. The fork should be between the round part of clip and bearing. Clips should secure bearing to fork. The clips might be what is causing misalignment.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By rth
The fork ends should be centered on the bearing. Also the clips are on backwards. The fork should be between the round part of clip and bearing. Clips should secure bearing to fork. The clips might be what is causing misalignment.

iagree
Posted By: therocks

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 04:57 PM

I agree its wrong.The clips as said go into the fork.Turn it around and clip them into the fork.Rocky
Posted By: dogdays

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 07:27 PM

Does anyone have a source for just the clips? Or does one have to buy a new fork to get them?

R.
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 07:56 PM

The clips come with the throw out bearing not the fork.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 08:05 PM

All you need to do is pull the fork out, rotate the throw out bearing 180 degrees, and slide the fork back in. The clips on the throw out bearing should hold to fork to it.

The fingers should center on the throw out bearing, I'm guessing your fork just needs to slide into the pivot bracket further and will work out once you have the clips set up right. If not you may have the wrong bracket. They are specific to the bellhousing that you're using.

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 11:39 PM

Ok before I reinstall the fork, do I have the pivot bracket mounted in the correct direction? I'm not sure if the fingers will reach the center of the ears of the bearing.

I do see how the clips work now, thank you.

So is the pivot bracket correctly mounted?

Thanks

Posted By: Danan

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/10/15 11:51 PM

Yes. Now install the fork.

Re: clutch fork installation - 11/11/15 12:39 AM

Done. Thank you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums