Moparts

How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body?

Posted By: Blown61

How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 04:33 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 05:27 AM

See the latest issue of Mopar Action - they did an article on this very topic! Lots of helpful details!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 05:38 AM

The dash frame ? hammer

The bolts that hold the frame to the body are under the windshield rubber gasket ...
Posted By: NANKET

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 06:20 AM

Dash? meaning the whole metal frame, or the just the dash cluster. Plymouth, Coronet, or Charger? Factory A/C or just a plain heater?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 04:44 PM

I ain't a B body guy but I have to drop the st column aways so the dash has room to come forward & up and out & place a rag on the col to protect its paint during the R&R. undo the bolts that hold the column to the underside of the dash (support the column) and first loosen the 3 bolts on the floorboard toe plate so the col has room to move WO binding anything. #1 With electrical the first step is always pull a batt cable off of its post. take off the nuts for the red and black ammeter main wires and CAREFULLY pry the black round connector EVENLY off of the pins on the printed circuit board and there will be some fold over tabs that secure the looms along its route
Posted By: terzmo

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 05:54 PM

disconnect battery...lower steering column,remove radio/knobs/heater control knobs...remove all screws to cluster...reach around and disconnect speedometer cable....slowly pull cluster forward and disconnect connectors/wires to volt meter.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 06:50 PM

Need more info, what car is this, no need to touch the radio on a Plymouth to remove cluster, but yes on a dodge.
Posted By: terzmo

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By terzmo
disconnect battery...lower steering column,remove radio/knobs/heater control knobs...remove all screws to cluster...reach around and disconnect speedometer cable....slowly pull cluster forward and disconnect connectors/wires to volt meter.

yes....I'm referring to a Dodge
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/21/15 11:32 PM

Hello , MCFLY !!! , what part are you trying to remove ??? the steel frame , the cluster ?????

fan

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/22/15 05:00 AM

The whole thing, frame, cluster, heater core etc.
Posted By: minivan

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/22/15 06:55 PM

You will have to remove the WS to get to the bolts that hold the metal dash frame to the car..

Attached picture DSCF0128.JPG

Re: How do I take the dash out of my 67 b body? - 10/23/15 05:22 AM

Thank you all!
© 2024 Moparts Forums