Moparts

American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship?

Posted By: cudabitten

American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/10/15 11:53 PM

Hey,
Anyone have any issues with American Racing Wheels product quality? I just received four wheels from their factory through Summit and all the wheels have dirt in the clear coat and in the gloss. I would have let that slide but one wheels has what looks like corrosion under the surface.
Tough to see in this picture, maybe it will open up by clicking on it.
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/11/15 02:40 AM

I've got a set of 17" TT2's I bought about 5 years ago. I was disappointed to see that they were now made overseas. That being said, my set were flawless. These TT2's were not clearcoated but polished. Summit does has a generous return policy.
Posted By: minivan

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/11/15 02:58 AM

My wheels are appx. 8 years old.. They are the chrome ctr/aluminum rim wheels.. Both of the rear 8" wheels had very small flaws in them causing very slow air leaks ( leak 10PSI over 7 months in storage)..

First wheel was discovered within the first year, but the second was appx 4 years later..

Summit replaced the first, but I had to call AR wheels about the second.. They replaced it also....

Tried to add a pic and it wont let me..

Torque thrust II 15X7 and 15X8....
Posted By: stinger

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/11/15 03:44 AM

mine are made in China and are flawless
Posted By: Finoke

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/11/15 12:34 PM

I just bought a set from wheelsforless and they are perfect.
Posted By: DamDodge

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/11/15 05:27 PM

I just bought a set of AR torque thrust wheels and 2 of them were beat up and scratched . I sent summit an email with pictures and they said pack them up and they will send out two new ones with prepaid postage to send the other two back , or they would give me 100 bucks a wheel credit. best damn customer service on the planet in my experience. pictures arent the greatest

Attached picture mess.jpg
Attached picture mess2.jpg
Posted By: jcc

Re: American Racing Wheels Poor Workmanship? - 07/12/15 05:24 AM

wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums