Moparts

Shout out for Lizzard Skin

Posted By: Darius

Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/13/15 04:13 AM

I cannot believe how quiet my GTX is now. I sprayed both lizzard skin products wherever it made sense to spray, which to me was...everywhere I could reach that was not a finished surface.
I am running Dynomax VT's on 2 3/4" stainless pipe direct off the stock 5.7 exhaust manifolds.
I am WAAAYYYYYYYYY happy with these results, try it, you'll like it
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/13/15 04:31 AM

I have a pair of VTs in the box still. Have not had a chance to put them on. Glad you like them.
Craig
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/13/15 04:39 AM

I used the Lizzard skin with hushmat as well even on a car and it did work out excellent !
Posted By: moparx

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/13/15 02:36 PM

how much does ,say, 5 gallons of lizzard skin weigh ?
beer

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/13/15 04:12 PM

It is obviously heavier in the bucket and I would say, without looking it up, a 2 gal bucket (size it comes in) is about 30lbs+or-. I don't know how to compute the dry weight spread over so much surface but I would guess we did not ADD much more or even as much weight as a max amount of ,say, Dynomat.
Posted By: DeMopuar

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/14/15 01:37 AM

Darius,

Can you fill us all in on where you installed the Lizard Skin? I mean, was it primarily on the floors, or did you also do the inside of the doors, firewall, trunk floor, quarters, etc.....

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/14/15 02:51 AM

Everywhere you mentioned for sure.Underside of the roof, inside the entire trunk under the package tray, I f I could reach it it was shot. Also the entire underside and up the rear wheel cans. Dean also shot expandable foam insulation in the C pillars and basically every cavity on the body he could reach, including the area in the footwell left and right, where the door hinges are.He made cutouts so the adjustment bolts are accessible.
If you do this be sure to use a lightweight SOFT curing type of spray foam, it is white vs the more yellow type that dries hard. That type will "ripple" on you

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/14/15 01:53 PM

i'm not a fan of spray foam products, as i feel these items attract and hold moisture, causing rust issues. are you saying 2 or 3 gallons of the lizzard skin is enough for most applications ? are there noise and heat products , or is one product used for both ? and just for discussion, how does this stuff compare to spray on "bed liner" ?
beer

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/14/15 01:59 PM

There are 2 products, 1 for heat and one for sound. The spray on fairly smooth so you can paint over it, unlike bed liner. We used one bucket of each, 2 gal per bucket. It appears to be much lighter than bed liner. The stuff was invented during the development of the space shuttle by NASA so you know weight was a major consideration.
Google it and visit their web site for more info that I can give.

Re: Shout out for Lizzard Skin - 06/14/15 02:07 PM

thanks. just looking for first hand experience because, as we all know, web sites always give glowing product reviews so you buy their item[s].
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums