Moparts

How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR?

Posted By: GuruRanger

How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 04:05 AM

I have a rusty, crusty old 1973 4 speed Road Runner. It's a parts car that hasn't died yet. I accidentally mashed the clutch starter safety switch in it. If I can't get the old one working, how can I bypass it? I will be the last person to ever own and drive this car as a complete car (the parts will eventually go into my '74 project), so the safety part is not a huge factor to me.

Attached picture 060 small.jpg
Posted By: gofastboater

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 04:10 AM

If the switch has 2 wires just put them together. If only one wire just ground it.
Posted By: gofastboater

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 04:12 AM

Are you selling any parts off of it??

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 04:21 AM

Wow! You guys are like vultures LOL! Just kidding, I'd do the same thing. No, I'm not selling anything off of it. It's been sitting behind my garage for several years and I just got it running and back on the road today. I have to start it by arcing the starter relay until I get that clutch safety switch fixed or bypassed. Thanks for the quick answer!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 04:39 AM

Take the wire from the starter relay to the pedal switch and ground it leaving it attached to the relay terminal. I believe the clutch pedal switch is just a ground.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/26/15 05:20 AM

That's correct Stumpy, you can do it right at the relay near the battery, takes about 5 seconds.

Sheldon

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/27/15 03:28 AM

It worked great guys! Thanks!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: How do I bypass clutch safety switch on '73 4 speed RR? - 05/27/15 04:52 AM

Any time. Glad it worked. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums