Moparts

3 speed wiper conversion

Posted By: jimm69

3 speed wiper conversion - 05/12/15 10:30 PM

I wanted to convert my 69 Roadrunner to air grabber setup so I purchased a 3 speed wiper motor to swap out my 2 speed unit. I purchased a new wiring harness for under hood and everything plugged in fine. I was told the dash switch would just plug into the existing wiring but the terminals are different on the back of the switches. Did I just purchase the incorrect switch or did I get incorrect information on the interchange? Any suggestions?
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: 3 speed wiper conversion - 05/13/15 12:21 AM

If your plugging a 3 speed switch into a 2 speed wiper dash harness its not going to work. Different plug configuration and the 3 speed has a resistance cable built into the dash harness. Do you have the FSM?

Edit: this is the Rallye Gauge 3 speed connection. 2 of the single leads go to the Washer Pump switch.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: 3 speed wiper conversion - 05/13/15 12:55 AM

I have not done the conversion but have looked into it. According to the thread below you are correct, the switch should plug in.

The 3spd switch# is 2864014. Is that what you have?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/8119820/site_id/1#import

Attached picture 2864014switch.jpg
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: 3 speed wiper conversion - 05/13/15 01:05 AM

So U really think a 2spd switch will operate a 3spd motor,that's like saying a 3spd shifter will work a 4spd.
Posted By: dobie

Re: 3 speed wiper conversion - 05/13/15 01:27 AM

I converted mine over several years ago. I needed just a three speed switch. The harness plugged right in.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 3 speed wiper conversion - 05/13/15 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By dobie
I converted mine over several years ago. I needed just a three speed switch. The harness plugged right in.

Correct, the 68-70 B Body 2 to 3 spd wiper conversion only requires the correct 3 spd switch, 3 spd motor with correct 3 spd motor arm, the wiper linkage is the same under the dash, the dash harness has provisions for either switch...
© 2024 Moparts Forums