Moparts

Adding a second temp sensor

Posted By: Mad_Scientist

Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 04:46 PM

I am working on my 69 Super Bee and I need to find a second location to run a GM style temperature sensor. The motor is a 440, but I can't find anywhere that I could put in another sensor. You guys know a bunch more than me, so I thought I would ask if anyone has ever run into this before.

Thanks,
Tim
Posted By: therocks

Re: Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 04:56 PM

I have mine in a second hole in my MP pump.IIRC my Imps had big holes for the senders and had at least 2 because one was for the signal sentry that they had.Rocky

Re: Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 05:15 PM

I think my MP pump has 3 holes on the passenger side and a small hole on the drivers. I have the factory temp gauge sending unit in the small one, a GM style sensor on the passenger side, and the last two are for the heater core.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 05:18 PM

there are also a couple of other choices. They make a water neck for gm in place of your old one that has a holes for sensors.

also they make a part you can split one of the hoses, and put a sensor in the rad hose somewhere.

if your wp housing doesn't have a spare hole.

Re: Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 05:20 PM

To clarify, I have a GM temp sensor in there for my fuel injection, but I need to add a second one for my fan controller.

Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Adding a second temp sensor - 04/30/15 05:31 PM

Thanks Andrew. I didn't think about something like that. I just went to summit and they have some spacers that go in between the housing and the neck with ports premade into them.

Thanks all!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums