Moparts

Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard?

Posted By: mopars4life

Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/15/09 09:15 PM

I have a 69 that was missing a box and the coupler was much too big and the column longer that a power steering column. It appears it might be a manual steering car but I haven't seen a 69 charger that didn't have power steering. It was a pretty well stripped down R/T. Thanks
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/15/09 09:24 PM

My R/T has Manual steering and no Power brakes. But they put on two carbs?
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/15/09 11:48 PM

"Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard?"

Yes.

Believe it or not, little things like PS, PB, radios and A/C were optional and not mandatory like today.
Posted By: A34

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/16/09 01:19 AM

MY A34 car is manual steering with power disc brakes, and my A33 car is Manual Drum brakes with power steering with a cooler on it.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/16/09 01:41 AM

I think every car back then came w/ standard,,,manual trans, steering, brakes. You might get a few options w/ an SE package but I had a 70 383 4 speed that had manual steering and brakes.

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/16/09 04:06 AM

Quote:

I think every car back then came w/ standard,,,manual trans, steering, brakes. You might get a few options w/ an SE package but I had a 70 383 4 speed that had manual steering and brakes.

Some cars had a manual transmission standard and some had an automatic. It depends on the engine, year and model.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/16/09 02:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Some cars had a manual transmission standard and some had an automatic. It depends on the engine, year and model.

I though back in the day manual trans was the standrad?? 3 or 4 speed?

Re: Did 69 Charger R/Ts come with manual steering standard? - 01/16/09 06:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I though back in the day manual trans was the standrad?? 3 or 4 speed?

A manual tranny may have been standard depending on the year and model. A 383 Road Runner or Super Bee would have a manual tranny standard with automatic optional. A 68 or 69 RR or SB would have the four speed standard. In 70 the 3 speed was standard.

An R/T or GTX would have the automatic standard with the 4 speed a no cost option.
© 2024 Moparts Forums