Moparts

Using one Poly-loc mount

Posted By: 70ucode

Using one Poly-loc mount - 04/10/15 01:37 AM

Is there any good reason why I cant get away with using only the drivers side Poly-Loc motor mount and keeping the passenger side rubber? I'm thinking that it would reduce the amount of vibration that I will feel with these mounts and I've never broke a passenger side mount in my life. Plus, I'm being lazy.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Using one Poly-loc mount - 04/10/15 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By 70ucode
Is there any good reason why I cant get away with using only the drivers side Poly-Loc motor mount and keeping the passenger side rubber? I'm thinking that it would reduce the amount of vibration that I will feel with these mounts and I've never broke a passenger side mount in my life. Plus, I'm being lazy.

I am doing it for the exact reason you state. I tried both and the car buzzed....you could feel it big time in the steering wheel.

Run a poly loc on the driver, stock on the left, it makes a BIG difference in vibration over running both! Oh....and I only have 1/2" aircleaner-to-hood clearance so controlling engine movement in my 4speed 440 Cuda a very BIG deal.

PM me if you,re interested in buying ONE cause Schumacher only sells sets.

Re: Using one Poly-loc mount - 04/10/15 03:20 AM

Mine is also a 440 4sp cuda. I installed the drivers side today. I will take it off the jack stands and take it for a test ride. Thanks.

Re: Using one Poly-loc mount - 04/11/15 05:25 PM

Forget it. It looks stupid. The shaker is sitting up too high on the drivers side.Going to use both.

Re: Using one Poly-loc mount - 04/13/15 04:28 AM

Update. Installed both POLY-LOCS and I am very pleased. The only thing I notice is at around 65 mph a slight buzzing through the steering wheel. There is no noticeable vibration at all.
© 2024 Moparts Forums