Moparts

Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum

Posted By: KillerBee

Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum - 03/29/15 03:37 AM

Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum without having to cut or trim the rear bumper cover?

Any idea what an SRT8 is rated tow?

Thanks.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum - 03/29/15 03:42 AM

May give you some ideas.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43489
Posted By: T-Fish

Re: Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum - 03/29/15 04:48 AM

Quote:

Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum without having to cut or trim the rear bumper cover?

Thanks.

I don't see why it would be a problem. If I remember right, I once read the tow rating is less than that of the RT, which is 3,800 with equalizer bars. My 2005 RT came with a towing package. The receiver itself is hidden. I bought the car used and the only reason I found the receiver was because I was looking at the window sticker and saw something about tow package and load leveling system, so I peeked under it.
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Re: Is it possible to put a trailer hitch on an SRT8 Magnum - 03/29/15 01:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

" Magnum R/T, when equipped with the Trailer Tow Group, can tow trailers up to 3,800 pounds.
Without the Trailer Tow Group, Magnum delivers up to 2,000 pounds of towing capacity when