Moparts

2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ?

Posted By: OzHemi

2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 04:19 AM

For an '07 SRT10 viper truck engine and automatic transmission (was out of a crew cab truck) does anyone do a hot rod loom and reflash,etc the computer for them?

Might have a project coming up swapping an engine and trans into something.

(I could probably wire a loom myself, but for sake of time, may just go premade if they are out there..)
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 08:03 AM

Quote:

For an '07 SRT10 viper truck engine and automatic transmission (was out of a crew cab truck) does anyone do a hot rod loom and reflash,etc the computer for them?

Might have a project coming up swapping an engine and trans into something.

(I could probably wire a loom myself, but for sake of time, may just go premade if they are out there..)

V10 Torana? Did you finally find a Valiant?

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 04:23 PM

It won't be going into anything RHD, and won't be a Mopar either..
Posted By: G_T

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 06:24 PM

hotwireauto sells them... they say 96 and up. I was looking for one as well, but cant see drop $1,100 on it and still have to modify it. Sensors on the viper engines changes and moved around to different locations depending on the generation (eg. early Gens didn't have a knock sensor, newer do).

As it is - I plan to modify/update my stock one.

But - what ever you do/find - please post an update. I'd love a plug and play unit vs. modifying.

*update* I just searched, looks like bouchillon performance has a harness for a Gen 3 Viper engine... I may have to look into that - no idea if it would even fit the bill.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 10:35 PM

Thanks, I will do a little reading around at both those places..

And yes, if the project does go ahead, I will be sure and post about it all.
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 10:42 PM

Wow, if you found a 2007 Ram SRT-10 that would be remarkable. They were built from jan 2004 to July 2006, 2004-2006 models. If you have the computer it can be reflashed with an SCT. Go to the VTCOA forum and ask your question, I'm sure someone knows someone.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/25/15 10:54 PM

Must have been an '06 drivetrain then.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/26/15 05:31 AM

And they are all Gen 3. Note that the Auto and Stick V10's will have differences in the harness as well as the ECU.

Oh and I forgot to mention you can send your ECU to B&G for reprogramming (like to remove the SKIM security crap). Im sure there are other vendors that could do it as well.

There are other bizarre things when dealing with the swap - post away and hopefully I can share my mistakes/lessons.

Good luck!

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 03/26/15 05:39 AM

Thanks for the help!

I'll for sure and update how things go...just talking over with my buddy in Oz about it some more (I'll be building it for him..)

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/01/15 04:39 AM

It's going to happen for sure now...should have the engine/trans here in about a month an a half or so. up

(Then just need to find the right donor vehicle for it to go into..already know what it will be, just find the right one)

Attached picture 20150430_145436_resized.jpg
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/05/15 12:07 AM

Love that engine. Good luck.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/05/15 04:42 AM

Good luck Oz. I just received my reprogrammed ECU from Arrington Performance (Who merged with the company I mentioned above). The removed the emissions stuff, Rear O2 sensors, modified RPM settings, added Stage II tune, 93+ octane, etc. Had it back in under a week.

see: www.shophemi.com 866.844.1245

*INSURE* your PCM... They are no longer made and if lost or damaged you'll be out some serious coin.

On the wire harness, hotwireauto definitely does it. I spoke to them quite a bit but just could not stomach $1,100 for something i could do myself.

I just finished my temp engine harness and went thru all the functionality testing. Once i put the intake back on I'll fire the engine to make sure it works. It was simple, but took a *lot* of time, might be worth paying someone to do it. I spent about 40 hrs on it in total. Get the FSM!!!

Btw, if you go with hotwireauto you will have to send in your old harness - and you *have* to take of the intake manifold off to remove it...(Wire harness runs beneath intake and the coil packs are hidden there as well).

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/05/15 06:17 AM

Thanks for all the updated info !

I made my own LS1 loom when I build my Torana, but it was pretty simple (to me at least) and an LS tune is pretty easy to have done at least. I started with a factory F body loom and the FSM and went from there.

I might tackle the Viper loom, I suppose I will look it all over once it gets here, and order up a FSM from the sounds of it too!

Thanks again for the ideas/info so far and I will be sure and update things as I go along once it lands here. up
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/19/15 07:09 PM

Kool. how much HP can you get out of a truck v10 with a tune? Is a aluminum block the only difference between the truck and viper engine?
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/19/15 07:53 PM

First answer is 1 million horsepower.

Second answer is that the viper engine and ordinary truck V10 have few parts in common, according to the experts.

R.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/19/15 08:35 PM

As for how much power...even the 505 hp they were rated at (I believe?) should get the little truck to poke along ok. laugh

I'll be building it for my buddy in Oz, but will have the truck complete running and driving here before shipping it over. (It'll get paint and trim work once it gets there...I'll be doing the mechanical and electrical side of things, adding A/C to the truck, lower it, etc, etc)

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/29/15 12:09 AM

Engine is on it's way and will be here in about 3 weeks or so. I'll update once the truck is found and I get started on the swap. up

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 05/29/15 05:18 AM

Good deal. I just did a first-fire on my V10 Charger last weekend with my wire harness and the reprogrammed PCM from Arrington... Fired right up -sounded *sweet* for about 2 seconds then shut down. frown

Tried it again and same thing... Looks like they forgot to disable the SKIM as i requested... PCM is on its way back to them to take a look... My project is on hold until this is sorted out mad

But... I can not complain as they did say they would take care of it... I'll let you know how it turns out.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 07/17/15 04:27 PM

Step one clicked off the list, engine is here...just looking for the right truck for it's new home next up now. biggrin

Attached picture viper engine.jpg

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/07/15 06:13 PM

Found and picked up the vehicle the engine will be going into yesterday. up So once I am finished loading another batch of containers now (over the next couple of weeks) it will be getting time to start the transplant project. grin

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/12/15 05:31 PM

Here is the future home of the engine... original paint and interior, rust free, black plates still, etc.

Should be a fun project I think. wrench sawzall biggrin

(I'll be doing everything mechanical to it completely..then it will go back to Oz and get painted and trimmed. Will be my buddy's truck)

Going to keep it basically stock looking inside and out aside from a few little touches here and there.

Attached picture 20151106_105516_resized_3.jpg
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/13/15 03:13 AM

Your lawn looks like it's been smited badly. scope ozbbq

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/13/15 03:22 AM

Water restrictions here...wanna mail me a few flat rate boxes full of water for the lawn? grin
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/13/15 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By OzHemi
Water restrictions here...wanna mail me a few flat rate boxes full of water for the lawn? grin
Looks like your neighbor installed astroturf. whistling

I'll send the oxygen you supply the hydrogen. drumhit

Aren't you by the Pacific Ocean? tonguue

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/13/15 06:04 AM

No problem, I have hydrogen coming out of everywhere. biggrin

And the ocean is for looking at, not for watering with. laugh2
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/14/15 08:37 AM

Did you ever get a harness and re-program?

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/14/15 06:04 PM

No, was waiting to get the truck before I got into the harness and everything. I plan to do the mechanical side of the swap first...getting the engine actually mounted and everything. Then will tackle all of the electrical side of things next, then probably go to the fuel/cooling side, etc. Or just see what order of doing things makes the most sense. laugh2

Truck will have vintage air as well, plus need to decide on an upgraded diff and a few other little things.

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/15/15 05:45 AM

Oz,
Did you also get the Trans Yoke? You'll find that the yoke is unique to the truck T-56... and you'll likely be unsuccessful finding one from the aftermarket. The truck version is very beefy/thick. You could also swap out the tail shaft for a viper one - which has the standard yoke size. This is based on my experience on 04/05's, however.

Post a vid once you get it in and running: Here is a followup on mine after getting the harness and ECU reprogrammed: V10 fire up

Attached picture 20140922_193949_zps2206b51c.jpg

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 11/15/15 08:44 AM

It's not a T56...it's an auto trans version being from a crew cab. (The single cab srt's used the 6 speed)

Will check out your fire up too. up

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 12/01/15 04:08 AM

Looks like plenty of room....right? work laugh2

Will be getting rid of the heater box and plating the firewall flat there and use a vintage air.

Attached picture 20151129_142551_resized_1.jpg
Attached picture 20151129_142614_resized_1.jpg

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 12/03/15 04:07 AM

Woah... woah... woah... Where was my phone call? I want to play!

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 12/03/15 04:38 AM

I was just thinking today (while taking out the heater stuff in the engine bay and the old rear engine cross member) about texting you a pic, but got sidetracked laugh2

Just been doing some cleaning up/reorganizing some stuff in the garage too so I have room to bring the engine/trans home, it is still down at the warehouse. I have to go down there Friday for something else, not sure if I will bring it back just quite yet or not. work

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 12/03/15 08:39 AM

Let me know when you're going to work on it. I'm free labor. biggrin

Re: 2007 SRT10 engine hot rod wiring loom/ECU ? - 12/08/15 06:17 AM

That sounds handy! grin

I am going to load another container next week, and will bring the engine home after that to start mocking things up to get it mounted.

In the mean time, open up and say...ahhhhhhhh... biggrin

I pulled the grill and core support today, and just set the grill back in loose for now. It'll make it much easier putting the engine in and out with out having to go up and over the core support of course, now I can just roll it straight in and out basically with the engine hoist and not have to go all too high.

I have the Torana in the garage along with room for the engine/trans plus all sorts of other assorted junk or would be doing this work inside of course..will make do for now on the driveway though. laugh2

(Once I get the engine home and actually start properly on the project I'll probably start a build thread in the general section...since it is only part Mopar and all.. ha ha)

Attached picture 20151207_145958_resized_1.jpg
Attached picture 20151207_150843_resized_1.jpg
Attached picture 20151207_161541_resized_1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums