Moparts

Battery Cover

Posted By: GTXKARL

Battery Cover - 02/21/15 07:23 PM

Hello. I would like to know does anyone know if they make a cover for a modern battery that looks like the original battery? Any sugestitons? Funds are tight. Its for my 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 6 pack which I've had in the garage for the last fifteen years.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Battery Cover - 02/21/15 07:34 PM

Yes battery toppers are available for group 24 batteries not group 27 batteries. So what size do you have in your car? Remember it's only a topper so you probably will notice from the sides. If it was say a Buick it would be hard to notice because of how they are mounted .
Google Battery Toppers
Ron
Posted By: cudino

Re: Battery Cover - 02/21/15 09:36 PM

I think this car should get a Group 27 Battery. However, for tight funds you could use a Group 24 red-cap topper and corresponding parts-store battery and it would look OK. Not great but OK. You might have to trim a little off the topper to make room for the hold down, that's what I did, but it's not obvious unless you looked close.

- Wade
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Battery Cover - 02/22/15 01:00 AM

If you could get the stickers off the side of the existing battery these would "kinda" work. Kinda like a $20 hooker with too much lipstick.

http://www.batterytoppers.com/products/
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: Battery Cover - 02/23/15 12:33 AM

63.00 dollars for a fake piece of plastic when you can get the real thing for 225????No brainer for me.I use a battery tender on mine and they last 5-7 years...
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Battery Cover - 02/24/15 06:28 AM

Let's hope somebody picks up the manufacturing from turbostart or the resto battery market is going to get ugly... The topper is OK just be aware your battery hold-down might need modified because of the added width of the topper....
© 2024 Moparts Forums