Moparts

Passenger door exterior mirror location.

Posted By: TseTse Runner

Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/18/15 09:46 PM

My '69 RR (pillar coupe)had a non-stock exterior mirror mounted on the passenger door. I am currently working on the major bodywork section of the restoration and need to know if the current screw holes are in the right location. My intention is to replace the mirror that the car came with with a correct / stock mirror. What are the measurements for locating the mirror in the correct location?
Thanks.
TseTse Runner.
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 12:11 AM

I could be mistaken, but I'd be inclined to transfer measurements from the driver door.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 12:32 AM

if you mirror the driver side, you will find the mirror is useless in that position.
Cannot be seen by the driver.

however, I don't have any references to say where it should go, only that I recall it can't and wasn't placed like that.
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 12:38 AM

Well, there you go... Now you know where not to put it
Posted By: dan6412

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 01:19 AM

Just my my 70 Charger has a factory mounted passenger mirror and it is truly useless for backing up and/or seeing in traffic.

If you still want to mount one I can messure it tonight for you.

Dan

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 07:29 AM

Thanks for your input however it seems it is almost personal choice. Copy the location from the driver's door or locate it so it is useful. For my the mirror is there to be used not just a piece of scenery.
TseTse Runner

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 07:42 AM

Common sense would tell us not to locate it where it doesn't do any good. It has to be functional to have any effect safety wise. Thanks for your input.
TseTse Runner.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 01:41 PM

Quote:

if you mirror the driver side, you will find the mirror is useless in that position.
Cannot be seen by the driver.

however, I don't have any references to say where it should go, only that I recall it can't and wasn't placed like that.

that's what I did with mine.USELESS!
Posted By: kab69440

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/19/15 02:16 PM

I mirrored the driver's door location on my 69 Charger. The mirror works just fine and dandy there. I also have the seat at the farthest rearward lock. If you are an average sized person, you might want to mount it a few inches closer to the front of the door.

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/23/15 09:59 AM

thanks for taking the time to respond.
I will follow your example.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/23/15 03:14 PM

Hang tight for a bit, someone will post the engineering diagram bfore the day is out or at the very least accurate measurements of stock location. For some reason I am think it should have had a re-enforcemnt piece inside the door but only if it was a factory passenger side mirror car.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Passenger door exterior mirror location. - 02/23/15 09:15 PM

Quote:

Hang tight for a bit, someone will post the engineering diagram bfore the day is out or at the very least accurate measurements of stock location. For some reason I am think it should have had a re-enforcemnt piece inside the door but only if it was a factory passenger side mirror car.

That would be interesting as my experience is like the others. Mirror image the driver door and the passenger side mirror is useless.
© 2024 Moparts Forums