Moparts

Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop?

Posted By: PJ68RT

Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 07:19 PM

I have a 67 Plymouth Belvedere that is being prepped for paint. I want to cut a round hole in the hood for use with the 67 RO hood scoop. The problem is there is no engine in the car. I have a 68 Dodge Charger I could measure the location of the carb stud, but is the location of the carb stud the same relative to the firewall and inner fenders? I believe they are but I thought I would check with the experts first
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 07:28 PM

Posted By: stumpy

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 07:29 PM

You might get a quicker answer if you posted this in the restoration and A12 section.
Posted By: RO23dave

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 11:18 PM

Just so you're aware, the hole in the hood is not round, it's cut out for a cross-ram manifold. Somewhere i have almost every dimension from my hood, it's in a notebook, i think in my trailer. But if i remember correctly i also gave them to Scott, from Scott Harms, the carb guy. If you're patient, i'll try looking for those notes. Dave ss/ea #1355
Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 11:24 PM

"hemieddy" sells a template on ebay. Search "1966 1967 WO23 RO23 426 Race Hemi Oval Hood Template"
Posted By: RO23dave

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/17/15 11:31 PM

Just as another note, the aluminum plate, that overs the oval hole, in the hood, is shaped like the oval, but has a round hole, in it, for the carb adaptor/rubber to seal against. I found those dimensions, if you have a fax number, i can send to you. Dave ss/ea #1355
Posted By: PJ68RT

Re: Where to cut hole in 67 Belvedere for RO hood scoop? - 02/18/15 01:04 AM

To clarify...this is not a real RO. Just a plain jane Belvedere I'm putting the replica RO hood scoop on. Just need to confirm that the carb stud location on a 68 Charger 440 would be in the same location in the engine bay of the 67 Belvedere so I can cut a round hole in the hood under the scoop. thanks for the help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums