Moparts

Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere?

Posted By: Row_your_own

Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 01:55 PM

I've been looking for viscous fan kit and everywhere I've looked they're out of stock or no longer available?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 02:42 PM

That kit is basically the 80's M body fan and clutch package from my understanding.

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 02:46 PM

Interesting..if some one else could confirm I may go that route.
Posted By: HogRidinFool

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 03:18 PM

what's the MP part number?

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 03:31 PM

Quote:

P4120758
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 05:10 PM

My Mom's 86 Fifth Avenue had a 5-blade fan and viscous coupling that looked exactly like the pictures of the MP stuff.

R.

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 05:18 PM

Quote:

My Mom's 86 Fifth Avenue had a 5-blade fan and viscous coupling that looked exactly like the pictures of the MP stuff.

R.

Fan clutch is available new, junkyard search for fan itself I guess.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 06:17 PM

Save your money and make your own. Plenty of clutch units at your local parts store for 1/3rd the price. You need to know how much room you have 1st. The fan can be found used online for about $50
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 08:01 PM

I noticed Mancini Racing had their own packaged viscous fan setup along with the MP setup. Not sure of the difference between the two?!
Posted By: ahy

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/05/15 09:07 PM

The Mancini viscous package looks like it is sourced from Bouchillon. Last I looked, it is viscous but not thermal... no coil in front.

Bouchillon has both types... I purchased a thermal type to replace a damaged MP unit recently with 6 blade fan. Looks nice but not heat tested yet.

As mentioned above, you can DIY for the MP kit. Get a fan from a JY 70's small block car and a fresh clutch from the AP store. I prefer Hayden/Napa over other alternatives.
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 12:11 AM

Quote:

The Mancini viscous package looks like it is sourced from Bouchillon. Last I looked, it is viscous but not thermal... no coil in front.

Bouchillon has both types... I purchased a thermal type to replace a damaged MP unit recently with 6 blade fan. Looks nice but not heat tested yet.

As mentioned above, you can DIY for the MP kit. Get a fan from a JY 70's small block car and a fresh clutch from the AP store. I prefer Hayden/Napa over other alternatives.

The Mancini unit is a Viscous unit but make sure you have plenty of room for it..
Posted By: Mopar Bob

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 12:37 AM

Search " jag clutch fan " . It's about Hayden fan clutch 2765. Works very well for me in my 64 B with MP fan. A little shorter than most. I got a MP fan on Line. Same fan used a lot and can be found in salvage yards, from what I'm told.

Good luck
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 01:41 AM

I ordered one 9 months ago local dealer said they keep changing the arrival date at Chrysler
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 01:46 AM

Quote:

Search " jag clutch fan " . It's about Hayden fan clutch 2765. Works very well for me in my 64 B with MP fan. A little shorter than most. I got a MP fan on Line. Same fan used a lot and can be found in salvage yards, from what I'm told.

Good luck

I did this on my '63 330. Still had to move the brackets back on the radiator 1/2" to get it to fit but it works really well!

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 03:25 PM

In lieu of MP fan, you could use Derale clutch fan blade 17018 or Hayden # 3618. Both are 18" blades.

I think some of the six banger trucks from the 70's and or 80's had the same MP fan blades.

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/06/15 08:52 PM

The fan blade number is 4140063. Go online and you should find several of them. Should find several new at decent prices, $35 to $40 +. Take your time and look thru sites for best price on new one. Used a lot on 80's trucks.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/08/15 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

P4120758

Is this what youre looking for? I bought it years ago and its just sitting on a shelf never installed. PM me and we can discuss if youre still interested.

Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/08/15 05:55 PM

http://www.chicagoconnection.us/index.ph...products_id=762
Posted By: 135sohc

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/10/15 06:55 PM

It seems to be a enough of a struggle for Chrysler to keep what should be everyday replacement parts in stock anymore. The thought that they would keep the 'non essential extra's' in stock or reorder from the vendor is a joke at this point. I wonder how long the awaiting rulings list is now ? Dealer still has stuff on order for me from November…
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/10/15 07:02 PM

Quote:

http://www.chicagoconnection.us/index.ph...products_id=762

0 Units in Stock
Posted By: dodgedon

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/10/15 11:05 PM

I bought the MP fan years ago for my Charger and just this last year took the fan off a 90 Ramcharger 318 and installed it on my 85 W350. It looks to be the same thing..... That funny 5 blade layout is easy to spot in the salvage.

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/11/15 01:24 AM

Thank you for all the replies. I've got a max cooling fan/coupler on it's way from a member.
Posted By: feets

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/11/15 01:39 AM

Quote:

It seems to be a enough of a struggle for Chrysler to keep what should be everyday replacement parts in stock anymore. The thought that they would keep the 'non essential extra's' in stock or reorder from the vendor is a joke at this point. I wonder how long the awaiting rulings list is now ? Dealer still has stuff on order for me from November…

I bet you and those two other guys waiting on the same parts are really encouraging Chrysler to drop $26,000 on a minimum order of the parts and sit on the remainder for the next 22 years.
Posted By: 135sohc

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/11/15 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I bet you and those two other guys waiting on the same parts are really encouraging Chrysler to drop $26,000 on a minimum order of the parts and sit on the remainder for the next 22 years.

The last batch sold out before the backorders were filled from before. I know how the system works so please try harder if you wish to insult me there bud

Parts used up through 2012/2013 M.Y production on eternal backorder with no answers from Center Line besides "its stuck in purchasing"

Flywheel bolts on backorder with "several hundred" according to the dealer awaiting fulfillment. Transmission dipstick tube used until 2012 and chrysler is in a pissing match with the vendor on the price. On and on and on

Anymore I do not recommend chrysler to anyone asking my opinion of them. Garbage vehicles with questionable product support. All those vehicles running around with 'lifetime' power train coverage I wonder what scheme chrysler has cooked up to dump their obligation for those who will come knocking in 5-10 years to collect on it ? They should have been left to die a few years ago.

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/11/15 02:41 AM

Chrysler has sold a boat load of these fans, for years guys would say their car was in "body shop prison" my friend said the other day it's now worse as you are in " no parts prison" I recently built a b body for a friend, I was amazed at all the stuff Chrysler no longer carries since my last complete build in 08

Re: Mopar Perf viscous fan pkg out of stock everywhere? - 02/11/15 02:47 AM

My local Dealer just called me and said Chrysler cancelled the viscous fan package orders and discontinued selling and/or taking orders on them
has anyone else heard this?
© 2024 Moparts Forums