Moparts

65 Fury bumper interchange

Posted By: wedgepower

65 Fury bumper interchange - 01/21/15 05:22 PM

My woman has a 65 Fury 4 door with a couple tweaked bumpers. The car is clean overall with original-ish paint. Our plan is to just keep it clean. The bumpers could be straightened and re-chromed but then they will be too nice for the car. I see a Belevedere on Craigslist so I have been looking at internet pics. The rear bumper is clearly different, but the front looks the same. Anybody know if they interchange?
Posted By: skicker

Re: 65 Fury bumper interchange - 01/21/15 07:21 PM

If its a 65 Belvedere they do look similar but do not interchange. No bumpers will interchange B Body to C body.
65 Fury may very well be a 1 year only bumper.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: 65 Fury bumper interchange - 01/21/15 08:02 PM

Is the chrome peeling/rusted? If not then you might be able to straighten the bumper out without damaging the chrome if the press operator is careful. I've seen semi bumpers pressed straight again by using wood blocks and rags to press against instead of directly on the metal itself.

You could also powder coat the bumper instead of chroming it so it doesn't "embarrass" the rest of the car so much when you are done.

I'm in the same boat with our 65 Polara wagon. New bumpers will pretty much mean new everything.

Kevin
Posted By: wedgepower

Re: 65 Fury bumper interchange - 01/21/15 08:28 PM

Thanks guys!! Ya the chrome is ok, maybe I'll see if they can be straightened. It's a clean big block car but the extra 2 doors make the budget tight.

Attached picture 8403652-IMAG0058.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums