Moparts

New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units

Posted By: biggE

New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/19/15 11:31 PM

Has anyone tried the new made in Canada Spectra fuel tank sending units? I would like to know if they work correctly. I have had zero luck with all other reproduction sending units.
Posted By: ademon

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/19/15 11:35 PM

Can't help but is it advertised as being better quality??
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/20/15 09:03 PM

Quote:

Has anyone tried the new made in Canada Spectra fuel tank sending units? I would like to know if they work correctly. I have had zero luck with all other reproduction sending units.

i just ordered one via Dixie Restoration. in an e-mail to me Randy said there have been zero issues reported over a 2 year span.
Posted By: dobie

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/21/15 12:11 AM

Interesting. I'd love an update if you could. I've tried 3 different sending units, all purchased from separate sellers, and all 3 haven't worked right.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/21/15 12:17 AM

Quote:

Interesting. I'd love an update if you could. I've tried 3 different sending units, all purchased from separate sellers, and all 3 haven't worked right.

I'll be sure to post my luck when I install it. sadly it won't be until March. my garage is not heated!
Posted By: CYACOP

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/21/15 05:58 PM

There is usually a ground strap from the fuel nipple on the sender to the steel fuel line that bridges the connection rubber hose.
Posted By: wedgepower

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/21/15 07:01 PM

Anybody know how to troubleshoot the gauge and wiring? My womans car does have a working system. I'd like to narrow down the problem before I start buying parts.
Posted By: therocks

Re: New Spectra Fuel Tank Sending Units - 01/21/15 08:45 PM

Mopars are easy.First make sure the sender is grounden the strap Ma used usually is bad.Then remove the sender wire at the sender.Ground I prefer the battery and turn on the key.Gauge should go to full.Dont leave it on long just enough to see the movement toward full.If it moves and groound is good its probally the float.They get full of gas and stay down.Pull the sender and Ohm movement If good its the float that Ford has a good replacement for vans.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums