Moparts

Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow?

Posted By: bigblock340power

Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 02:30 AM

I've got Magaflows on my Duster (got water vapor rust holes in them, getting bad. Been on a long time!). I'm thinking of going back to Flowmasters. I fairly sure the Magaflows will out flow the Flowmasters. But does anyone know by how much. I'm no longer racing it, so it's just a sound thing now.
Thanks
Posted By: fjr340gts

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 03:34 AM

Not MagnaFlows, but a friend had a set of Flowmasters behind his 10 second E-body 440. He dynoed with those on the car. Cut off the Flowmasters and installed DynoMax Ultra Flows. Pulled 20+ HP more with the DynoMax mufflers.
I have UltraFlows behind my 340 and they are MUCH louder than the DynoMax Super Turbos they replaced.
Posted By: JonC

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 04:09 AM

If it's a sound thing now, Flowmaster it is for me. I don't like the drone driving it, but I know it sounds good outside. I LIKE the sound of Flowmasters.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 04:20 AM

"I'm no longer racing it, so it's just a sound thing now."

Balderdash.
Posted By: loco340cuda

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 05:20 AM

Quote:

If it's a sound thing now, Flowmaster it is for me. I don't like the drone driving it, but I know it sounds good outside. I LIKE the sound of Flowmasters.

except on my car I don't have the drone issue.
Posted By: FASTBACK340

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 06:25 AM

Don't do it...... Flowmasters are junk. You'll sound like every 5.0 Rustang shaking parts loose on the streets. Want something unique with a great sound? Classic Chambered Powersticks. Look for the thread on mandrel exhaust and listen to my cars sound clip.

Here's the clip....
http://youtu.be/PdW5Vy1Dtv4
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 08:11 AM

DynoMax here too. Luv them Flowmaster
Posted By: ademon

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 09:31 AM

goerlich xlerator. I get a lot of compliments on how my car sounds 2.5" x pipe with 14" body.
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 10:19 AM

Magnaflow 3 inch X pipe system in mine.
If you watch the /Drive or /Drive+ video you can hear what it sounds like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghaMwMT7T8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcelXWy-RI
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 10:59 AM

No flowmasters for me (an ironic name for them!); I'd rather have a muffler that doesn't choke off performance so I'll stick with my Ultraflows.

Dave
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 11:52 AM

Flowmasters sound cool... this is clearly evident because EVERY car 'with a pair' driving by has 'em. They dont flow well though... almost every real HP muffler out there kills 'em on power, some by a lot.

Personally, i've never been a fan ov Magnaflows sound. Nice mufflers, good quality, very nice power (some say the best), but yeah... i gotta be in love with the sound so... no.

Spintech or Borla... sound AND performance. Spintechs have a sound that not everyone will like, but my Charger's tone never got a single bad review. Personally... for my cars i'd take either ov these. Had Spintechs on the Charger and on the 96GT Mustang, both with a Dr. Gas X-pipe. Glorious. The current GT will likely get Borlas... just to see if i like it better.
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 12:00 PM

I've got a set of Flowtech Raptors on my Dart. 2.5 inch exhaust. Not sure on flow, but they sound awesome!

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 03:05 PM

Quote:

"I'm no longer racing it, so it's just a sound thing now."

Balderdash.

My! Quite an opinion you've posted there.
Balderdash: senseless, stupid, or exaggerated talk or writing; nonsense.
So how about this, not as much as I did!

Here's my current set up: 416 stroker, Hooker super comps, Magnaflows, out to tail pipes, 2 1/2" pipe, and stock looking tips.

You've given me plenty of food for thought. My muffler shop man is an
old racer/car builder. I'll have to run the choices you've all given me past him. I'm sure we can come up with the best muffler for my needs.
I've been looking at the pypes violator muffler too (But I've never heard one on a car), or the Thrush. But I think the Thrush is just a knockoff of the Flowmaster. I want a good sound at idle, no super loud (cheapie) rapping upon acceleration, but I don't want to choke it off (as far as power) in favor of sound.
I'm not asking for to much, am I?!
I guess I've got a ton of comparison shopping to do!
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 03:22 PM

Have you looked at the Dynomax Ultra FLows, Hooker Aerochambers, or the Hooker Max Flows?
Posted By: moparfan

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 04:22 PM

I have run back to back runs (same day an hour apart)on the Demon switching from Flowmasters to Magnaflow, I saw no difference in ET or MPH on my car. The Magnaflows are a bit quieter. 3" TTI exhaust with x pipe ending at the rear axle. 40 series flowmaster and Magnaflow ultra.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 07:37 PM

I ran the early crimped steel Magnaflow 14x3 center outlet and offset inlets on my Duster mounted behind the rear end between the sub frames and 1/4 panels. They sounded decent in the car at part throttle cruise and weren't horrily loud at WOT, most peole said they really like the sounds of them when driving it on the street or at the track At the local 1/8 mile track removing the complete exhaust system pick the car .03 ET and .2 MPH, not worth doing IMO Has anyone on here ran the longer stainless steel Magnaflows 18 or 24 inch long straight (not the three chamber ones) through muffs yet?If so how did you like them. I'm putting a 1966 Dodge Coronet Deluxe together with a 440 motor and Hooker headers with Summits 3 inch pipe kit without muffs, any comments on those muffs appreciated

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/18/15 07:59 PM

Quote:

I want a good sound at idle, no super loud (cheapie) rapping upon acceleration, but I don't want to choke it off (as far as power) in favor of sound.
I'm not asking for to much, am I?!

Dynomax ultraflows...has it all and is the number one choice in F.A.S.T. and PSMCDR for a reason....

sounds good, no drone, not too loud and flows 99% as well as straight pipe. take a listen;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofma0go-jJk

Dave

Balderdash - 01/18/15 09:06 PM

Come on now...You know what I meant.
Poppycock.
Horsefeathers.
Bullcrap.
Not racing? Who decides to stop racing when it is still so much fun?
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 12:11 AM

Quote:

I've got Magaflows on my Duster (got water vapor rust holes in them, getting bad. Been on a long time!). ..............

Say what people like about Flowmasters, but I have a Series 40 on a 1500 Ram with 215,000 miles that's been on there from day 1:

no leaks.

no holes.

not falling apart.

And it appears it will last for quite a few more miles yet.

To say something that I never get to say on aftermarket stuff: that's what I call service/getting my moneys' worth out of a replacement item.

The sound? Like nothing I've ever heard before. Love it:

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/Trapperbert/th_DSCN0105.mp4[/IMG]

Re: Balderdash - 01/19/15 12:23 AM

Quote:

Come on now...You know what I meant.
Poppycock.
Horsefeathers.
Bullcrap.
Not racing? Who decides to stop racing when it is still so much fun?

Yeah, I had to yank your chain! Ha!

Re: Balderdash - 01/19/15 05:33 AM

I had Flowmasters in the Charger from 2001 until last year. I liked the sound. No drone and at idle the car sounded chunky and aggressive. I did NOT like driving along side concrete walls, sound walls, big rigs or anything that reflected the sound back my way. The radio was hard to hear whether the windows were up or down. I was making some changes last year so I replaced the 2 1/2" pipes and FM mufflers for a mandrel 3" section with an X pipe and Dynomax Ultra Flos. The sound is much more tame at all speeds but still great. It is just different. Eric in the CCM club has magnaflow mufflers on his 70 Cuda. I think his car sounds more refined but less aggressive than mine. It is a matter of personal taste. I'm switching to a milder cam soon so I hope the mufflers still deliver some bite. I'd hate to sound like a stock late model Charger!

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 01:13 PM

Quote:

Dynomax ultraflows...has it all and is the number one choice in F.A.S.T. and PSMCDR for a reason....

Really...??? Thats telling right there.

Is this what the winners use? Dudek? all those 10 second guys?

But also, is there more to it? as in, perhaps with all that cam wizardry and exhaust limitations there might not be a need for the best flowing muffler out there? Probably not... seeing how much a 2.5" exhaust IS such a restriction on a 600+HP engine, but its still worth asking.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 01:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've got Magaflows on my Duster (got water vapor rust holes in them, getting bad. Been on a long time!). ..............

Say what people like about Flowmasters, but I have a Series 40 on a 1500 Ram with 215,000 miles that's been on there from day 1:

no leaks.

no holes.

not falling apart.

And it appears it will last for quite a few more miles yet.

To say something that I never get to say on aftermarket stuff: that's what I call service/getting my moneys' worth out of a replacement item.

Heh... you gotta give 'em that... bloody indestructible.

I bought a used pair off a 5.0L Mustang that had been stolen, and high-centered onto the muffler hard enough to wreck the whole car (punched in the floorboards pretty fierce, bent the car). The one case was dented in a good 3". Bent the one exit pipe back to straight and mounted 'em up in the old Newport. Probably a bit down on flow on the one side, but it sounded cool enough for the big ol tank... and no leaks at all. Crazy.
Posted By: franko

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 03:30 PM

Pic

Attached picture 8401294-image.jpg

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 04:32 PM

Thanks Frank,
These are in the running.

Quote:

Pic

Posted By: 76Beeper

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 07:48 PM

There was a flow test done using the latest batch of current mufflers on the market. The test was done by a school in Michigan (I don't know which one). Here are the results.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 09:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But also, is there more to it? as in, perhaps with all that cam wizardry and exhaust limitations there might not be a need for the best flowing muffler out there? Probably not... seeing how much a 2.5" exhaust IS such a restriction on a 600+HP engine, but its still worth asking.

Yes, I've spoken to several of the front runners and that's the muffler they use.....and trust me, those guys exhaust (pun intended) EVERY avenue for increased performance possible. If there was another semi-stock appearing muffler that performed better, that's what they'd use.

The 2.5" exhaust is a restriction on the 800hp F.A.S.T. cars but the real restriction is the manifolds....which makes it even more important to use a low/no restriction muffler.

Dave

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/19/15 11:59 PM

Quote:

There was a flow test done using the latest batch of current mufflers on the market. The test was done by a school in Michigan (I don't know which one). Here are the results.

Very interesting!
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 02:43 AM

http://www.pontiacstreetperformance.com/psp/exhaust.html
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 04:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I've spoken to several of the front runners and that's the muffler they use.....and trust me, those guys exhaust (pun intended) EVERY avenue for increased performance possible. If there was another semi-stock appearing muffler that performed better, that's what they'd use.

The 2.5" exhaust is a restriction on the 800hp F.A.S.T. cars but the real restriction is the manifolds....which makes it even more important to use a low/no restriction muffler.

Dave

Back when I worked for Tenneco (Walker/Dynomax), we used to flow test everything - more mufflers than on this comparison list - this was back in 1999-2001. There are no Borlas or Magnaflows or Corsas in this list, so they are missing some biggies. Personally, I like the design of the Cherry Bomb Vortex internally, plus I heard a sound clip a few years ago that sounded really good to me. It's a good, free-flowing design internally with some sound absorption properties.

As far as the Dynomax, back when I worked for Tenneco I talked with Karakashian (I've known Bob for many years) one day about the exhaust for his Hemicuda. He was running a cheap set of old Thrush turbos & I told him to sh*tcan those & I sent him a set of "test" stainless Ultra Flows - 2.5". After he installed them, the car ran faster than ever so there was proof in the pudding - he's still running the same mufflers today, & from what I've seen, MANY of the Pure Stock Drag cars are running the Ultra Flows. NOTHING outflows them.

That being said, the Vortex muffler I talk about above is similar in design to something I've mulled over in my head for years & wanted to build, but I'm a tube-type muffler builder. If I was going to install an oval or box-type muffler right now, I'd go with the Vortex.

Attached picture 8402109-CherryBombVortex.jpg
Posted By: Tempest

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 04:11 AM

Thanks for posting. I had a hand in that article!
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 03:45 PM

Quote:

I have run back to back runs (same day an hour apart)on the Demon switching from Flowmasters to Magnaflow, I saw no difference in ET or MPH on my car. The Magnaflows are a bit quieter. 3" TTI exhaust with x pipe ending at the rear axle. 40 series flowmaster and Magnaflow ultra.

same here I ran 3 inch 2 chamber flowmasters on a 572 wedge Then changed them to Magnaflow ultra the car ran the EXACT same ET and MPH!! the difference is I didn't tick off all the neighbors with the Magnaflows driving home from the track at midnight, as the flowmasters are quite loud
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 04:00 PM

Had dynomax turbos on our mopar since the early 90s. Rust belt. STILL haven't rusted through. Also, they have a great sound. Personally, I've never really liked the sound of flowmaster and usually associate them with Chevy and Ford guys. and I'm not saying that in a nice way

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 05:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

Back when I worked for Tenneco (Walker/Dynomax), we used to flow test everything - more mufflers than on this comparison list - this was back in 1999-2001. There are no Borlas or Magnaflows or Corsas in this list, so they are missing some biggies. Personally, I like the design of the Cherry Bomb Vortex internally, plus I heard a sound clip a few years ago that sounded really good to me. It's a good, free-flowing design internally with some sound absorption properties.

As far as the Dynomax, back when I worked for Tenneco I talked with Karakashian (I've known Bob for many years) one day about the exhaust for his Hemicuda. He was running a cheap set of old Thrush turbos & I told him to sh*tcan those & I sent him a set of "test" stainless Ultra Flows - 2.5". After he installed them, the car ran faster than ever so there was proof in the pudding - he's still running the same mufflers today, & from what I've seen, MANY of the Pure Stock Drag cars are running the Ultra Flows. NOTHING outflows them.

That being said, the Vortex muffler I talk about above is similar in design to something I've mulled over in my head for years & wanted to build, but I'm a tube-type muffler builder. If I was going to install an oval or box-type muffler right now, I'd go with the Vortex.

Yep, I spoke with Bob several times and he's one of the people that told me to use the Ultraflows. You are correct; nothing outflows them. Other PSMCDR guys have also documented the improvement going to the ultraflows and it is definitely measurable.
Funny, in the old days I sold a ton of Walker product when I worked for Lordco.

....but equally important to me (and the pure stock guys) is that the Ultraflow is roughly the same size and configuration as stock and in comparison to other mufflers that do flow as well, the Ultraflow is BY FAR the quietest. I've yet to see any other muffler that offers all three things: stock look, relatively low sound and low/no restriction.

Dave

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/20/15 10:50 PM

Yep, I spoke with Bob several times and he's one of the people that told me to use the Ultraflows. You are correct; nothing outflows them. Other PSMCDR guys have also documented the improvement going to the ultraflows and it is definitely measurable.

....but equally important to me (and the pure stock guys) is that the Ultraflow is roughly the same size and configuration as stock and in comparison to other mufflers that do flow as well, the Ultraflow is BY FAR the quietest. I've yet to see any other muffler that offers all three things: stock look, relatively low sound and low/no restriction.

Dave

Is that this muffler? I'm not saying I'm getting it from Jegs, I just want to make sure this it.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17217/...CFQqDfgodlDsAiA

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 01:03 AM

Quote:

Dave

Is that this muffler? I'm not saying I'm getting it from Jegs, I just want to make sure this it.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17217/...CFQqDfgodlDsAiA

Close but no; the one's I used are crimped, not welded (PSMCDR rules) and are 2.5" not 2.25". I tried to look up the part number for you but their website keeps locking up my computer. If you need the number, let me know and I'll dig through my invoices at home to see if I can find it.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 01:09 AM

Ah, here we go; http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/ultra-flo-stainless-steel-polished-mufflers?muffler_shape=225

I believe mine are 17289's but I can confirm if need be.

Dave

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 06:17 AM

Quote:

Ah, here we go; http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/ultra-flo-stainless-steel-polished-mufflers?muffler_shape=225

I believe mine are 17289's but I can confirm if need be.

Dave

Thanks,
I took a look at them. Real nice. I'll keep them in mind.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 07:12 AM

Let us know what you go with and how it sounds. I'll be in the same boat in a year or two with my EL5 demon.
Posted By: Histook16

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 08:37 AM

2005 Skoda Yeti is best so for for me atleast

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 11:09 AM

?????

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 01:55 PM

Anyone got any GOOD (read: favorite because they sound good) video's ov the Ultraflows? To me, no point flowing the best if they sound bad.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 04:29 PM

if somebody wants a cheap ultraflow version, or kinda off... I got HAPPY with these flowmonsters

http://flowmonster.com/c-190842-mufflers-stainless-performance-mufflers.html
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 04:38 PM

My 3 inch tti H pipe with Ultraflows on a mild 470. Almost too quiet. But I love them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr70kGtPmPA
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 04:46 PM

They're black cherry line of glass packs look like they'd make really decent resonators, they make them with an 8" body (12" overall)

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 05:33 PM

Quote:

?????

.....I thought it was just me!

Dave
Posted By: shawge

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 10:09 PM

4406forPOWER - sounds great!
Posted By: carhunter

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 10:48 PM

which ultra flows are you running.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/21/15 11:25 PM

Hooker max flows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3RfyD-DzE

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/22/15 11:07 AM

Quote:

Hooker max flows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3RfyD-DzE

Also makes a great drink dispenser! But a bit costly!!!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/22/15 04:31 PM

I run a full exh 3" TTI system with the Dyno-Max Ultra-Flows and I race it through the full exh. The car is actually not real loud for what it is when idling and cruising along. But it gets much louder when I lay into it hard like when racing. I love the Ultra-Flows as I did not want my 63 to loud as I can listen to the radio when cruising but I wanted top performance for racing since I never uncap it. You can here it here a bit idling after I start it in this clip. Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIM2HLaOI4&feature=related

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/22/15 08:55 PM

Thanks guys Sorry not sure exactly what Ultra flows they are. I just told TTI to send the exhaust system with Ultra flow mufflers. Next time I get out to the garage I can look for part numbers. Later

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/23/15 11:07 AM

Quote:

I run a full exh 3" TTI system with the Dyno-Max Ultra-Flows and I race it through the full exh. The car is actually not real loud for what it is when idling and cruising along. But it gets much louder when I lay into it hard like when racing. I love the Ultra-Flows as I did not want my 63 to loud as I can listen to the radio when cruising but I wanted top performance for racing since I never uncap it. You can here it here a bit idling after I start it in this clip. Ron

I do like that sound! Thanks
Posted By: Row_your_own

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/23/15 01:43 PM

not my car but this car has Magnaflows...sounds almost exotic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NSb_DRq94
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/23/15 05:52 PM

Yes, exotic is the proper term.

I've never heard a Mopar sound like that?

Interesting.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/23/15 07:42 PM

That RR is SWEET!!!
Posted By: kielbasa

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/24/15 07:08 PM

that's what an x pipe sounds like.....

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/25/15 02:28 PM

Quote:

that's what an x pipe sounds like.....

I had an "X" pipe long ago (before they were manufactured in mas quantities). Did help performance, but I don't remember it making the sound any different!
I do know it was a pain in the keister to remove the trans.
It's back to "H" pipe now.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 12:17 AM

well, an x pipe definitely changes the sound, pretty much to what you hear in that video.....
Posted By: mrploww

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 02:28 AM

Quote:

Ron, in this video is this the 493 engine? Sounds great! Thanks for posting

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 04:00 AM

Quote:

well, an x pipe definitely changes the sound, pretty much to what you hear in that video.....

Perhaps, I really don't remember.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 09:27 AM

Quote:

not my car but this car has Magnaflows...sounds almost exotic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NSb_DRq94

I'd be more curious to know what kind ov heads/cam that car has. I've heard Mopar big blocks with Magnaflows, and i've had them with X-pipes, that one still sounds a bit different.

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 02:03 PM

i will say though, the TTI x pipes I've heard don't have as high pitch indy car tone, where as Dr. Gas x pipes definitely have the x pipe sound...so it probably depends on style of x pipe also.
Posted By: OA5599

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 05:59 PM

Quote:

I've got Magaflows on my Duster (got water vapor rust holes in them, getting bad. Been on a long time!). I'm thinking of going back to Flowmasters. I fairly sure the Magaflows will out flow the Flowmasters. But does anyone know by how much. I'm no longer racing it, so it's just a sound thing now.
Thanks

My Youtube page has 12 videos of my car, mostly with 3" Ulta Flos. Full TTI system from headers to H-pipe. I couldn't be happier with them. No drone issues and sound amazing. I swapped for a set of 2 chambered Flowmaster (knock-offs) and the butt dyno had me pulling them off in less than a week. Before the stroker, the low compression 340 would spin through 2nd gear when I stabbed the throttle with the Ultra-Flos. With Flowmasters, it hooked about 3/4 of the way through 1st and just felt like a dog. Just because I like them doesn't mean you have to.

Just my $0.02

Breaking in stroker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoV0rg3vuww

Having fun by the river one day with old 340:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aiKrwGXFOo

Obligatory burnouts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ECqu21g0QE

Test and Tune night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGlF8nvz7x8&feature=youtu.be

Current best run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbj0RC2rUag
Posted By: 383man

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/26/15 11:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ron, in this video is this the 493 engine? Sounds great! Thanks for posting

Yes thats the 493 as I did not put the X-pipe system on the car until I put the 493 in it. Ron
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/28/15 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

My Youtube page has 12 videos of my car, mostly with 3" Ulta Flos. Full TTI system from headers to H-pipe. I couldn't be happier with them. No drone issues and sound amazing. I swapped for a set of 2 chambered Flowmaster (knock-offs) and the butt dyno had me pulling them off in less than a week. Before the stroker, the low compression 340 would spin through 2nd gear when I stabbed the throttle with the Ultra-Flos. With Flowmasters, it hooked about 3/4 of the way through 1st and just felt like a dog. Just because I like them doesn't mean you have to.

Just my $0.02

Breaking in stroker:

Obligatory burnouts:

Test and Tune night:

Current best run:

Your car sounds bad ass!!!! That's the perfect sound in my book!
Are those the round ultra flows or oval mufflers?
Posted By: OA5599

Re: Magaflows or Flowmasters, sound and flow? - 01/28/15 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

Just my $0.02

Breaking in stroker:

Obligatory burnouts:

Test and Tune night:

Current best run:

Your car sounds bad ass!!!! That's the perfect sound in my book!
Are those the round ultra flows or oval mufflers?

Thanks! I'll go along with that compliment. It is the best sounding exhaust I've ever owned and my personal favorite out of the ones I've heard. The mufflers are oval. They are the ones that TTI had to modify to fit the system. No mods to the inside of the muffler, just inlet and outlet.

© 2024 Moparts Forums