Moparts

Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram.....

Posted By: NewbombTurkk

Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram..... - 01/14/15 01:03 AM

I have power disc brakes, pcv line, distributer and modulator lines which all need vacuum. I have a WIEAND dual four tunnel ram with brand new 450 holley carbs, manual secondary.

I was wondering if I should tap a fitting into the rear for the brake booster, or would the carb vacuum fittings provide enough vacuum for all accessories? I don't want to put the spacers under them with vacuum fittings, or get an electric pump.......anybody else dealt with this before?

FYI, it is a 72 Camino, bone stock 402, highway gears, no stall, just want to have the 'look'.......I figured vacuum is vacuum, either GM or Mopar! Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram..... - 01/14/15 01:14 AM

When I ran a tunnel ram I drilled and tapped into the back of the plenum. That's fine for the power brakes and PCV but I'm not sure that's where you want the vacuum for the vacuum advance - I believe that has to be "ported" vacuum.

450 carbs - good choice. Manual secondaries ... maybe not so good !!!
Posted By: moparborn

Re: Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram..... - 01/14/15 03:03 AM

Manifold vacuum.
Rear carb feeds brakes& heater controls.
Front carb feeds pcv.

Attached picture 8395493-engine2.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram..... - 01/14/15 04:57 AM

Quote:

When I ran a tunnel ram I drilled and tapped into the back of the plenum. That's fine for the power brakes and PCV but I'm not sure that's where you want the vacuum for the vacuum advance - I believe that has to be "ported" vacuum.

450 carbs - good choice. Manual secondaries ... maybe not so good !!!

Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Where to get vacuum on a tunnel ram..... - 01/14/15 09:37 AM

Mine has a fitting in the top portion of the plenum in between the carbs. BTW, I had those same carbs and they didn`t work out well for me. I ended up going with vacuum secondaries.
© 2024 Moparts Forums