Moparts

roadrunner rear seat

Posted By: mikerrch

roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 01:54 AM

hey all, happy holidays, I need some advice on getting the back seat out of a 70 roadrunner, can only get the seat bottom to move up about an inch but cannot get it to release. Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 01:57 AM

You need to push down and back to get the rear seat bottom out. Then the two tabs and up and back and up.
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 02:08 AM

This will give you a rough idea of what you're working with.

Attached picture 8377603-189-fp01-67h.jpg
Posted By: Stanton

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 04:18 AM

Yes, and don't try kicking it with your knee - you'll rip right through the material ... ask me how I know!
Posted By: mopar346

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 04:50 AM

A lot of times I will put my back to the door jamb and use the ball of my foot on the bottom seat frame rail to get enough push back to release the seat. The condition and color of the interior will determine whether I have my shoe on or not.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/30/14 03:16 PM

If the front seat is still in then I put my toe against the bottom of the front seat and use my knee to push back and in. Just have to have a strong calf muscle.
Posted By: 63stabamatic

Re: roadrunner rear seat - 12/31/14 02:18 PM

I had a big problem releasing one side of the rear seat on the GTX. One side popped right out fine. I had the front seats out. To push the seat back I ended up using an adjustable support leg,(like to hold up floors in the basement), from the firewall to bottom of seat with small pieces of wood at each end for protection. Worked great!
© 2024 Moparts Forums