Moparts

Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body

Posted By: HemiChallenger

Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/27/14 09:20 PM

Does anyone have factory frame specs for a 69 b body. Is there a difference between dodge and plymouth? Doing frame on 69 charger...
Posted By: Furyman

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/27/14 10:24 PM

coronet and charger are the same.

Attached picture 8375514-7395395-Frame69Coronet.jpg
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/28/14 07:07 AM

Thanks Furyman! I was actually wondering where to find those specs as I want to check my '69 Super Bee if I decide to fix it.

What difference would there be for a '69 Road Runner? Wheelbase? A friend has one that has the front swayed sideways a couple of inches.
Dallas
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/28/14 07:37 AM

Body shops with a frame machine would have all the spec's. A good frame guy can fix about any damaged frame in a couple hours.
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/28/14 08:09 PM

Quote:

Body shops with a frame machine would have all the spec's. A good frame guy can fix about any damaged frame in a couple hours.

I have an excellent frame guy. However he only has specs back to the mid '70s. He said it wouldn't be a problem to do the Road Runner. I just thought having the specs would make it a bit easier.
Dallas
Posted By: HemiChallenger

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/29/14 10:36 PM

What is the difference in plymouth? Or are they the same?
Posted By: Furyman

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 12/30/14 02:14 AM

All those measurements should be good for a Plymouth as well.Plymouths use a shorter front spring hanger bracket and the rear shackle pivot point is forward about an inch.
Posted By: patcharger1973

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 01/17/15 09:37 PM

Hey Steve I have a 69 charger I am restoring that's makes the challenger you did look pristine haha. You going to start a build thread for this one?
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 01/18/15 07:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have an excellent frame guy. However he only has specs back to the mid '70s. He said it wouldn't be a problem to do the Road Runner. I just thought having the specs would make it a bit easier.
Dallas

Have him contact Mitchell. They have the old books. Don't know if they will provide ALL the old data, but should be able to get him single requests. This is probably true with other providers too, if they were in business back then.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Looking for factory frame specs for 69 b body - 01/18/15 08:11 PM

The factory manuals provide the info. That's where the post above got it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums