Moparts

Big Block Intake Manifold question

Posted By: ChadP

Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/12/14 11:56 PM

Is there much, or any difference in the flow of a '65 426 street wedge stock intake manifold, vs. a '69 440 stock intake?
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 12:55 AM

Due to the asymmetrical quadrilateral perspective of the intake runner on the 1965 street wedge stock manifold, the stoichiometric mixture commutation acceleration can be classified according to the type of velocity and speed. Oh heck, I have no idea but I figured a lot of folks stopping in would think there was a genius talking! I hope someone knows the answer, its a great question!
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 01:00 AM

the later intake has larger runners and is a little taller. the throttle bores in the later intake are larger and have the holley bolt pattern. the later intake would be an improvement.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Due to the asymmetrical quadrilateral perspective of the intake runner on the 1965 street wedge stock manifold, the stoichiometric mixture commutation acceleration can be classified according to the type of velocity and speed. its a great question!

What was the question
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 03:09 AM

Don't know what the question was, but THIS is the answer......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

jess
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 09:06 AM

The later HP 440 intakes are way better than the early flatter 413, 426 street wedge intakes(there the same part number )
Posted By: Dan Halen

Re: Big Block Intake Manifold question - 12/13/14 07:13 PM

Better yet is the spread bore manifold from the mid '70's.
© 2024 Moparts Forums