Moparts

Hemi with a shaker...

Posted By: MoparJunkie

Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 12:57 PM

I've seen previous posts on here, but can anyone with real world experience school me on putting a hemi in an E body using a B/RB k frame using Schumacher or Aruzza mounts? I've seen mixed reviews with both... Just wanna know if they'll really work with no issues???
TIA
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 02:59 PM

in the real world.
hemi and "NO ISSUES" is only a dream.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 03:03 PM

Bought mounts off ebay. Not sure the brand. Put hemi in our 74 challenger with orignal k frame. Turned out pretty nice
Posted By: Finoke

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 04:05 PM

I put my 426 hemi in a 70 Challenger vert using Arruza mounts. NO issues.

It wasn't a shaker. So I don't know how that would have been as far as bubble height.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 05:03 PM

I dunno, maybe.

Sheldon

Attached picture 8312201-LoudandProud002.JPG
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 05:06 PM

Hemi with Shumacher polyloc mounts in my Challenger fit fine. Never
busted a motor mount after that. John milled the Stage 5 intake &
the bubble height was only about 1/4"higher than with the factory
intake.

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 05:07 PM

What I did was build my own "Mickey Mouse Mount" This is what Arruza sells but I reinforced mine more than what he does. You modify a wedge mount and use a stock insulator on the right side. On the left it is a solid mount that bolts to the stock wedge K-member mount. My engine is in the exact stock location. As soon as I get a few friends over to bolt on the hood I'll fab up the shaker base but I'm using a Stage V intake so it will have more of a drop than a stock shaker base along with the wider carb spread. I have a hunch my shaker will still have to stick up a shiver higher than stock but that's due to the manifold not the mounts.

Sheldon

Attached picture 8312209-LoudandProud004.JPG

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/26/14 05:14 PM

BTW: If you use the Arruza mount keep an eye on the right side. My friend had one in his little 426 powered Charger and I noted the thin metal was tearing apart, that's why I built my own with thicker metal and I triangulated it in two spots so it would stand up. Not dissing his product but I'm just saying what I witnessed with that mount. I wouldn't want that problem with my 4 speed 528.
This is just sitting there from about a month ago.

Sheldon

Attached picture 8312223-SeptCha003.JPG
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 10/27/14 03:21 AM

I put a Hemi in a 1970 B body using the Schumacher mounts. Everything fit perfect. They give almost none when revving the engine.

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 03:38 AM

Update...
Been gathering parts to start this project. Stopped and chatted with Gary Stanton yesterday and my 472 Hemi is almost ready!!!!

Posted By: sublimehemi

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 10:14 AM

schaumacker make drop hemi mounts...you must specify to him..i have them..i also have the shim kit too.you will need shims with alum covers..especially with drop mounts...your bubble will not work with reg mounts

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 02:27 PM

I have spoken with him. He said that everyone's case seems to be different. So, he told me to install the engine and whatever kind of adjustments I'd need he would offset new brackets and provide them for me. He never mentioned anything about shims for the shaker??? Can you elaborate some?
Posted By: sublimehemi

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 07:12 PM

ok the reason why he puts motor up higher is cause to clear pass valve cover on shock tower now when you drop mount so your shaker fits...that alum cover will come so close or kiss tower...then if that happens you will need shims...they go in between block and mount...good luck...i got mine sitting money...every car is different so good luck.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 07:28 PM

Quote:

ok the reason why he puts motor up higher is cause to clear pass valve cover on shock tower now when you drop mount so your shaker fits...that alum cover will come so close or kiss tower...then if that happens you will need shims...they go in between block and mount...good luck...i got mine sitting money...every car is different so good luck.

I've done several B/E B/RB K frames using the Schumacher drop mounts, the valve cover will be within 1/4" to 1/2" of the passenger tower (stock covers) some cars required a shim, some didn't, all fresh air hood cars too....you see many posts on this subject, and many complaints of hood interference on fresh air cars, I think the problem is lack of communication/information from both the customer and supplier in regards to the entire application, to simply ask for swap mounts, that's what you get, take the time to parlay more info on your swap to the vendor, this will/should yield the right parts

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/17/14 08:15 PM

Reading previous posts/problems is what prompted me to call Schumacher before even ordering the swap mounts. I told him my application and expressed my concern over the issues. He reassured me that any issues I had after installing, he would work dilligently to resolve. As stated earlier, he said that he handles each on a case by case basis. Too many variables to be able to say one set fits all....
Posted By: 70Cudha

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/18/14 06:35 AM

gg70

I have one of Gary's 426 hemis (MP crate) in my cuda up here in Alberta CA and it is running just fine. Its making lots of power. I'm using the original v8 k member with Schumacher mounts. All fit well with zero installation problems. I haven't picked up the shaker kit for it yet so don't know if I'll have any height issues.

Re: Hemi with a shaker... - 12/18/14 10:58 AM

Good to know. Maybe I'll get that lucky????
© 2024 Moparts Forums