Moparts

Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster?

Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 01:05 AM

Maybe a silly question, but can you run the early 68-69 Kelsey Hayes without a power booster? If not can you just change the master cylinder to exit on the fender side? Thanks!! Yes they are the four piston calipers.
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 01:31 AM

my 69 car came factory with NON power disc brakes! [on the fender tag also] so yes! they are very nice feeling with no power also! cant help on the MCYL sorry dan
Posted By: swingin

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 01:33 AM

Do you mean the four piston calipers? If so, I've got them on my Dart with no booster. I used a late model m.c., and they seem to work alright....
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 03:06 AM

Yes you can as I removed the booster on my gtx many years ago and it stops just fine with no power assist.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 04:29 AM

Make sure you remove the power booster linkage on the brake pedal if you have it. The manual brake cars don't come with it installed. After removal the pedal ratio will be right around 6 -1 which is good for manual disc brakes.
Posted By: DartGTS

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 04:50 AM

Hello:
My 67 Dart GTS came from the factory with Kelsey Hayes 4 piston Discs with no booster, just as I ordered it.

Maynard
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 06:26 AM

Same here,

69 GTS with non power assist KH 4 Piston disc.

-Dave
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/05/09 04:45 PM

They work great without the booster. My old 66 Barracuda came that way. Also, they were used from 65-72 on a-bodies, not just 68-69.
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes without a booster? - 01/06/09 04:10 PM

Yep. running them on my 69 RR with no booster. Seem to work fine.
© 2024 Moparts Forums