Moparts

TTi and Schumacher

Posted By: old_racer

TTi and Schumacher - 10/09/14 07:09 PM

if I put a b-engine(400 block) in a 68 a-body that has a v-8 k-member using the Schumacher mounts will the TTI headers fit?
thanks
Russ
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/10/14 05:53 PM

sorry to say but i believe that depends alot on how drunk/stoned the people where that built the car in the first place and then another variable is how beaten the car has been in the last 40 years.

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/10/14 07:42 PM

so no one has put a big block in an A-body? ok then.
Posted By: Adam71Charger

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/11/14 12:27 AM

This doesnt answer your specific question, but my 73 duster with a 440 had fender well headers, dont know if thats an option for you, and I dont remember having any clearance issues at all. Not everyone wants to cut the wheel well open though..
Posted By: 383man

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/11/14 12:42 AM

Quote:

if I put a b-engine(400 block) in a 68 a-body that has a v-8 k-member using the Schumacher mounts will the TTI headers fit?
thanks
Russ

I have never used the Schumacher mounts but I do have a 400 in my sons 72 Dart and we used a bigblock A-body K-frame from a 68 Cuda and the 2" CPPA headers which look just like TTI's as I believe TTI took over the CPPA headers. The 2" CPPA headers fit fine in my boys Dart with that setup. His car is a 400 that had 452 heads and now is using RPM heads and the headers fit great with both heads. Hope that helps some. Here is a pic of his pass side I took while adjusting the valves. Ron

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/11/14 02:00 AM

thanks for the response
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/11/14 02:29 AM

I know TTI recommends parts from Schumacher on their site, and I know I was quite happy with their customer service over the phone when I bought my GenIII Hemi mounts, so if you're not able to get a satisfactory response on this thread, I'd give TTI a call directly...
Posted By: CraigS

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/11/14 04:01 AM

Yes,the shumacher mounts locate the engine in the factory location,I have tti's on my 67 barracuda.440w/ shumacher mounts.I did have to modify steering column(shortened it where it comes out of the firewall,(near #7 header tube),just the outer shell of it.The shumacher headers would clear everything also.

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/12/14 12:32 AM

Quote:

Yes,the shumacher mounts locate the engine in the factory location,I have tti's on my 67 barracuda.440w/ shumacher mounts.I did have to modify steering column(shortened it where it comes out of the firewall,(near #7 header tube),just the outer shell of it.The shumacher headers would clear everything also.

thanks much that's the answer I was looking for!
russ
Posted By: kenny b

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/12/14 04:25 AM

I have a 71 Demon with a 440 and 2 inch TTI's. Mine uses the Schumacher biscuit style mounts and everything first perfect. Dakota Starter goes in with the headers and is tight but fits. Followed the instruction sheets with the headers and I had it done in a couple of hours.

Attached picture 8297795-IMG_1256.jpg

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/12/14 04:33 AM

thanks again, time to order some parts!!
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/12/14 04:52 AM

I think if you go to TTI's website, they have a whole thread on installing a low deck in an A body. CPPA headers are now sold by Mazzolini and they fit well too except they kick one tube on each side out through the inner fenderwell.

A well known header manufacturer makes the CPPA's for Mazzolimi, it's not hard to figure out who.

Joey
Posted By: 383man

Re: TTi and Schumacher - 10/12/14 08:30 PM

Quote:

I think if you go to TTI's website, they have a whole thread on installing a low deck in an A body. CPPA headers are now sold by Mazzolini and they fit well too except they kick one tube on each side out through the inner fenderwell.

A well known header manufacturer makes the CPPA's for Mazzolimi, it's not hard to figure out who.

Joey

The 2" CPPA headers I bought in 1996 for my sons Dart are just like the TTI's on my 63. No tubes go out through the fenderwell as they are 100% chassis headers. I was told TTI took over that header mold. The one sold by Mazzolini are not like the CPPA's on my sons Dart as they are just like TTI chassis headers. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums