Moparts

Wiper cam bushing

Posted By: meanmothermagnum

Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 07:49 PM

Help!!! I just bought a 78 Chrysler lebaron and there is or was a large plastic can type of bushing that went on the motor and the wiper linkage sat down in it. Mine came apart in about half a dozen pieces and now wala no wipers. I have tried the dealer but its an obsolete part. I have also tried dorman parts and none of them are right either. Where could I get such a part? Thank you.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 08:29 PM

I do not know if those are being reproduced any more. I have come across them, supposedly new, but rather pricey.
If its similar to the F body pieces you could swap over the cam arm and first section of linkage from one without that. There is a difference in the shaft on the motor though so you'll have to do some modifications to the mounting hole in the cam arm. A little filing should work.

Not the clearest picture, but...cam with large bushing on left, non-bushed on right.

Attached picture 8287395-100_4118a.jpg
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 08:57 PM

go to the magnum forum. a guy over there is/was making them. a bit pricey, but if you need one, you need one.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 09:13 PM

I got a new repro bushing kit for my 79 R-body from Van's when I was at Carlisle but it isn't on the website.

$75 IIRC

http://www.vansauto.com/

Kevin
Posted By: rave_12000

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 10:22 PM

if you post a pic of what to look for, I likely have it. mike 816-799-8844
Posted By: meanmothermagnum

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/01/14 10:22 PM

I don't see a magnum forum. Do you have a link?

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/02/14 12:45 AM

Quote:

go to the magnum forum. a guy over there is/was making them. a bit pricey, but if you need one, you need one.

I seem to remember that the F and M body part arent the same as the other bodies.
Also thought it was a 78 only part. Maybe just for the F and M

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/02/14 02:31 AM

IIRC it's for intermittent wipers only if it is like the one for my R-body.

Kevin

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/02/14 03:03 AM

Right Kevin, intermittent only, but I think the F/M part and the R and J part are not the same. Unless I'm having another pre-senior moment
Posted By: 440newport

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/02/14 03:48 AM

Quote:

Right Kevin, intermittent only, but I think the F/M part and the R and J part are not the same. Unless I'm having another pre-senior moment

Yes I think that's right. /B/J/R bodies with hidden wipers have the large plastic cam, F/M bodies with exposed wipers have another type.

Someone is reproducing the BJR type now, but I don't think it will work correctly in '78 lebaron?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-1982-1...79a&vxp=mtr

Re: Wiper cam bushing - 10/02/14 04:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes I think that's right. /B/J/R bodies with hidden wipers have the large plastic cam, F/M bodies with exposed wipers have another type.

Someone is reproducing the BJR type now, but I don't think it will work correctly in '78 lebaron?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1981-1982-1...79a&vxp=mtr

That looks like the one I got from Van's.

As far as part#'s go, the arms may be different but the cam/bushing should be the same. The OEM part was sold as an arm and bushing assembly

Kevin
© 2024 Moparts Forums