Moparts

Cure for floppy rear view mirror?

Posted By: Burkenator

Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 01:22 AM

The mirror in my Challenger keeps moving around under while driving. Is there any way to tighten it up? It is the ball that attaches to the at the top to the headliner that is loose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Burke
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 01:25 AM

If its like a b body there should be three screws in the mounting to tighten up a little. not sure on a body
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 01:26 AM

I shimmed mine with a piece of soda can, worked well. You may need to beat it thinner.

-Daty
Posted By: roe

Re: Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 01:29 AM

Quote:

If its like a b body there should be three screws in the mounting to tighten up a little. not sure on a body

Same. You can tighten it down. And if that doesn't work you can take the little piece out and bend it to tighten up the clearances.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 03:48 PM

If it is loose at the top where the stem meets the base, you will need to remove the mirror and base from the car. When you get it off, you will see a plate that puts pressure on the ball.

You should be able to tighten the screws in order to put enough pressure on the ball to hold the mirror. If not, as mentioned above, you can either bend the pressure plate a bit, or shim it with something.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Cure for floppy rear view mirror? - 09/27/14 08:49 PM

Answer here, hammer and a couple of raps

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
© 2024 Moparts Forums