Moparts

Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go?

Posted By: cudabitten

Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/26/14 11:36 PM

Hi, I have a ground lug in my wire harness going to the dual ballast area. Checking my pictures, I do not see this lug going to the mounting stud, so I'm assuming it goes to the firewall? Good size ring lug, maybe 1/4 inch?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/27/14 12:54 AM

I'd see if you can find it on the diagrams at www.mymopar.com & if not I'd take off a batt cable & ohm the ring lug & then find the other end of it that is showing a reading
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/27/14 01:03 AM

someone must have just run a ground to there? i'd do what my friend Robert suggested,
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/27/14 09:13 PM

i saw in your other thread that your car has AC, so maybe the lug should go on the bottom wipermotor stud,with an extra nut to hold it in Place.good luck
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/29/14 04:38 AM

Quote:

i saw in your other thread that your car has AC, so maybe the lug should go on the bottom wipermotor stud,with an extra nut to hold it in Place.good luck

And this is the correct answer...As odd as it looks the factory used the wiper motor stud as the ground..B body as well...
Posted By: 71_deputy

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/29/14 02:13 PM

ground strap from firewall to rear head bolt! ?
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Dual Ballast Ground Lug, Where does it go? - 09/29/14 03:34 PM

guys, it's a 74... he is talking about the ground source for the reset intelock button. There is not any ground source on taped harnesses around firewall, but just 74s for that.

Blowers gets a similar wire source for ground, attaching to fiberglass box studs on firewall, but is not taped to any harness

the other one on our cars is the one on radiator core support for headlight harness, but that's all.
© 2024 Moparts Forums