Moparts

Remanufacturd Engines

Posted By: 440child

Remanufacturd Engines - 09/26/14 09:06 PM

What's up, all. In ya'lls opinion, who does the best quality remanufactured short/long block engines? Any stories/personal experiences would be welcome. Thanks for any help!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/26/14 09:15 PM

Depends on what you want to use the engine for.

Re: Remanufactured Engines - 09/26/14 10:05 PM

Just to put into a work truck, to use as a daily driver if need be, nothing performance oriented.
Posted By: KingTuna

Re: Remanufactured Engines - 09/26/14 10:17 PM

I've heard good things about Carolina engines. Google them and check it out.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/26/14 11:03 PM

I've installed 3 Jasper engines and they all have been good.

GM makes some good ones too, if this is GM?
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/27/14 12:48 AM

Quote:

I've installed 3 Jasper engines and they all have been good.

I agree with the GM stuff....the Jasper stuff???....not so much. Was years ago but I did a Cadillac 3 times and a Chev BB twice. The shop I was at quit using them.

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/27/14 02:16 AM

Quote:

It's an '85 Dodge pickup. I thank everyone for the replies & suggestions so far. I'm interested in this route 'cause I can switch over things in a weekend (or so)& have some type of warranty.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/27/14 03:26 AM

I've installed several Jasper engines over the years and all were fine.
Posted By: floridian

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/29/14 04:08 PM

The few remans I did ( just basic engines, no HIPO) all had cranks that were 30/30 or 40/40.. Engines worked great but we used to throw away cranks ground that much....
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/29/14 04:58 PM

I supply many engine rebuilders crank and cam grinding products around the country and have for 20 years. There is the good the bad and the ugly. Many sub par big engine rebuilders PER's Production Engine Rebuilders have closed up and that has allowed the good ones to only get better. Jasper Engines engines has 2 plants 1 in Jasper and 1 in Leavenworth, Indiana both are excellent and well ran operations, AER Automotive Engine Rebuilders has 2 plants in Carrolton, Tx (Dallas) They are an authorized Ford reman. These 2 are tops in the country in my book. These 2 builders are the best in my opinion. There are few others but in my opinion these are the 2 I would buy from. I have made 100's of visits to shops and companies nation wide and have seen it ALL.

MLR426

Re: Remanufacturd Engines - 09/29/14 08:30 PM

Thank you guys! This is great information!
© 2024 Moparts Forums