Moparts

Crane BB 1.6 roller tip rockers ??

Posted By: jt4406

Crane BB 1.6 roller tip rockers ?? - 09/16/14 02:34 PM

Will a set of Crane 1.6 roller tip aluminum rockers (no roller bearings inside where rocker contacts shaft) fit under a set of stock 69 bb valve covers? Opinions of their value over ductile iron adjustable rockers (no roller tip)
Got a set, and wondering about keeping or selling them.

Jess

Attached picture 8271632-64791rollerrocker.jpg
Posted By: herkamer

Re: Crane BB 1.6 roller tip rockers ?? - 09/16/14 03:17 PM

They should fit with modification to the baffles or completely removing them. An alternate option is to double gasket or use a metal spacer. Someone here used to sell them, but have not seen them in awhile.

Can't answer on the advantages except I would think roller would have to be better than non. You also get more lift with 1.6 vs 1.5, so that could be helpful as well.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Crane BB 1.6 roller tip rockers ?? - 09/16/14 03:29 PM

I use them under my stock valve covers on my 340 and 440. I ran them for a while on my 440 and then removed the covers and could see just in 2 places on one end where the adjusters were hitting the baffles inside. I took a 3/8" drill bit and drilled divots where the contact marks were, not all the way through, just divots. All has been well now for years. I could have ground the top of the adjuster slightly to get clearance also if need be, I didn't. I wouldn't remove the baffles, you need them.

They don't hit at all on my 340 covers.

I'm a 1.5 ratio guy, I don't care for 1.6s on our old mopars. 1.6 should work with careful inspection and clearance work.

Although edlebrock strongly recommended 1.5 for there heads if your running there heads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums