Moparts

Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T

Posted By: TimS

Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/30/14 11:35 PM

I've struck out with the local stores and would rather not do Rock Auto if I can help it. I'm tired of them losing my cores I send back. Any other other options anyone knows of? Cardone is the supplier and they are shown as out of stock.

Thanks.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 12:01 AM

Quote:

I've struck out with the local stores and would rather not do Rock Auto if I can help it. I'm tired of them losing my cores I send back. Any other other options anyone knows of? Cardone is the supplier and they are shown as out of stock.

Thanks.

try Classicindustries.com
I was just looking at them but for a Road Runner....
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 01:10 AM

Booster Dewey?
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 01:29 AM

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/4644517333.html

If your interested, i have these to be used for cores.

But finding a OEM,rebuilt Bendix power brake booster is not an easy task, in this day and age, as you seem to be finding out.

Vendors list them, but in actuality, when you try and buy one, they aren't available.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 03:07 AM

I see I can get the unit for front drums. Would that work with the disc as well that I have?
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 03:10 AM

disc and drum units are different.
they physically bolt up the same, but the amount of assist is different.

you will find you cannot lock up the brakes using a drum booster vs disc.

you can order a newer unit so you can drive while you send your out to be rebuilt. a 74 and up I think. it will be bigger but flatter. if you have cruise or column shift(which I doubt in an rt) it will interfer with stuff, but should still work.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 03:15 AM

If you already have a Bendix booster, just send it out to Booster Dewey, and have him rebuild it.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 05:34 AM

Quote:

disc and drum units are different.
they physically bolt up the same, but the amount of assist is different.

you will find you cannot lock up the brakes using a drum booster vs disc.

you can order a newer unit so you can drive while you send your out to be rebuilt. a 74 and up I think. it will be bigger but flatter. if you have cruise or column shift(which I doubt in an rt) it will interfer with stuff, but should still work.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of trying that but compared the specs and decided against it because of what you already knew. I notice Mancini racing has them but they are not cheap. Around $270. The local O Reilly's is going to take a stab at ordering part # 54-73603 from Cardone.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 05:39 AM

What is the difference between '69 B-body (non-HEMI) & '69 C-body both dual diaphragm Bendix booster w/PDB?

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 05:48 AM

Quote:

What is the difference between '69 B-body (non-HEMI) & '69 C-body both dual diaphragm Bendix booster w/PDB?

The "rod" that comes out the back of the booster, that connects to the brake pedal, and or, brake pedal linkage.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 06:12 AM

If money isn't an issue, look at "The Ram Man". He seems to have some great stuff. Pirate Jack also has some great Mopar specific equipment.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 02:04 PM

NAPA single diaphragm NBB 5473501 With master cylinder NBB 503501
NAPA dual diaphragm NBB 5473606 With master cylinder NBB503603

My experience is NAPA will often have the parts that no one else has. And as a former NAPA supplier I can tell you they are particular about what they buy. Unlike some retailers NAPA's first priority is quality, second is price.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The "rod" that comes out the back of the booster, that connects to the brake pedal, and or, brake pedal linkage.

not postive, but I also think the bolt pattern is wrong. for some reason I remember trying to use a dual diaphram c body one I have laying around on a b body and it wouldn't line up.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 04:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not postive, but I also think the bolt pattern is wrong. for some reason I remember trying to use a dual diaphram c body one I have laying around on a b body and it wouldn't line up.

B & C Body bolt pattern spacing are all the same.

The HEMI booster bolt pattern spacing is different than the standard, regular, Bendix boosters.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 04:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Got pics of the difference?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 05:28 PM

I put a C body 'drum' brake booster on my 69 GTX and the rod on the back was to long

otherwise it bolted right up and looked the same in all other aspects.
So I would assume disc brake booster would fit the same
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 05:29 PM

Ps,

I have a bendix disc brake booster that I am 99% sure is a B body I can measure the rod it that helps

(and no it's not for sale, it's for a customers car I am working on )

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 06:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got pics of the difference?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/4644517333.html

Look at the pitures in my Craigslist ad.
My boosters are C body, and Imperial.
I Don't have any official B body ones.
You can see differences in the rods between the body styes, and the B body one is quite short, along with a "Hemi" booster also.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 08/31/14 10:14 PM

Quote:

My experience is NAPA will often have the parts that no one else has. And as a former NAPA supplier I can tell you they are particular about what they buy. Unlike some retailers NAPA's first priority is quality, second is price.

Thanks for the info. I'll give Napa a try. Cardone has basically said it is no longer available. So as stated before I may indeed have to have this one rebuilt. The guy I bought this car from broke the LH lower front stud off removing the old master cylinder. My understanding is the problem wasn't there before the change. Could that cause my leakage problem? You can hear it leaking from inside the car when applying the brakes.

Anyone ever use Booster Dewey? Going to give him a call tomorrow if I strike out with Napa.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/01/14 12:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'll give Napa a try. Cardone has basically said it is no longer available. So as stated before I may indeed have to have this one rebuilt. The guy I bought this car from broke the LH lower front stud off removing the old master cylinder. My understanding is the problem wasn't there before the change. Could that cause my leakage problem? You can hear it leaking from inside the car when applying the brakes.

Anyone ever use Booster Dewey? Going to give him a call tomorrow if I strike out with Napa.

It appears that Booster Dewey and Mancini Racing are my options if Napa can't get one.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/01/14 05:24 PM

I sell the repro Bendix boosters:

http://www.doctordiff.com/bendix-style-dual-diaphragm-booster.html

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/02/14 06:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It appears that Booster Dewey and Mancini Racing are my options if Napa can't get one.

Napa says no. Didn't expect this to be so difficult.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/02/14 06:57 PM

Try Mike Riehl's Roseville Chrysler...
Posted By: Rynos69

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 01:20 AM

By the looks of it to me, the reason why this picture was taken in the first place, shows that the lower left stud was broken off before the replacement was installed. Pictures are worth a thousand words....LOL

Attached picture 8259301-master.jpg

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 03:27 AM

Quote:

By the looks of it to me, the reason why this picture was taken in the first place, shows that the lower left stud was broken off before the replacement was installed. Pictures are worth a thousand words....LOL

Sorry ! My mistake.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 03:36 AM

Quote:

Try Mike Riehl's Roseville Chrysler...

Thanks. I just got them my info. We'll see if they can help with it.
Posted By: Furyman

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 03:37 AM

That booster was introduced in 62 on the full size line.There are numerous pushrod lengths and C body Bolt patterns ARE different than B Bodys.Repros have been out for almost two years now...made in Taiwan ..MBM is the company that wholesales them to various Vendors...me included.I talked to the MBM boys last year at Sema and they were receptive to making some of the other versions.

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 04:38 AM

Remember seeing this picture on the internet with the stud spacing dimensions for the Bendix boosters.
GOOGLED, and i found it.

Attached picture 8259488-Bendixstudspacing.jpg

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/03/14 12:34 PM

I called Booster Dewey yesterday and they are on vacation till Monday. Would like a remanufactured one so I can bolt it right up. Hopefully they have one to trade.
Posted By: 68Bullet

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/06/14 02:06 AM

Give these guys a call, they are awesome and did a great job getting me a power disc unit for my Polara when I converted over from drums. There were several varieties listed for the application and they helped make sure I ordered the right one. Great customer service and prices.

http://www.powerbrakes.com/

Re: Where can I get a Disc Brake Booster for 69 Coronet R/T - 09/06/14 02:22 AM

Quote:

Give these guys a call, they are awesome and did a great job getting me a power disc unit for my Polara when I converted over from drums. There were several varieties listed for the application and they helped make sure I ordered the right one. Great customer service and prices.

http://www.powerbrakes.com/

I'll give them a shout. Thanks.