Moparts

69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE?

Posted By: MASSMOPAR

69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/15/14 07:07 PM

Does anybody reproduce these 69 R/T rocker moldings?
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: 69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/16/14 03:12 AM

When I bought mine last year the only place I found making them was Metro Parts. As you may know though, they recently got out of the repro parts business.

I see Classic Industries has them on their site but are shown out of stock. Check with them for a delivery time, maybe they have a different supplier.

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/b-body-coronet/parts/mn1445.html

Posted By: MASSMOPAR

Re: 69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/16/14 12:59 PM

Quote:

When I bought mine last year the only place I found making them was Metro Parts. As you may know though, they recently got out of the repro parts business.

I see Classic Industries has them on their site but are shown out of stock. Check with them for a delivery time, maybe they have a different supplier.

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/b-body-coronet/parts/mn1445.html

Yes - Classics said they expect to have them on September 1st, hopefully they will deliver.

I would hate to fini without the moldings.
Thanks,Dave

Attached picture 8241893-DSC_1056.JPG
Posted By: kab69440

Re: 69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/16/14 03:33 PM

When the repros came out, all I can remember is seeing a bunch of bawling about how they were not aboslutely perfect replicas of the originals. Something about the shape of the ends. If I ever went through the trouble to make new ones, they would extend from wheel arch to wheel arch. The factory's are too short on my Charger. Too much paint visible on both ends.
Posted By: RJS

Re: 69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/16/14 05:09 PM

The repro's where missing the counter sunk hole for a Phillips screw at the rear end. Otherwise I don't remember anything bad about them.
Ron

Attached picture 8242062-5-16-20082-41-22PM_0113(Large).JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 69 Coronet R/T ROCKER MOLDINGS - WHERE? - 08/16/14 06:11 PM

Quote:

The repro's where missing the counter sunk hole for a Phillips screw at the rear end. Otherwise I don't remember anything bad about them.
Ron

Agreed, the repro Charger ones were the same, but a little ingenuity is all it took to fashion a formed countersunk hole in the moulding...Metro was the mfg, but unfortunately they have voluntarily ceased the Mopar repro operation of their business, and are now selling skateboards and accessories

For the OP...Year One might have some in inventory? if so grab them now!...you might want to check with Rosenvillemoparts, as they took over SOME of the Metro line of repros, don't hold your breath waiting for Classic, I've done this before only to be SOL later

mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums