Moparts

67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins

Posted By: dart67

67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/02/09 02:13 AM

Happy New Year!
I'm making an insert for my 68 or 69 (not sure which year) Cuda dash that I will be using in my Dart. Yet to figure out if I can fit 2 five inch gauges (tach and speedo) along with water, oil,volt, fuel and maybe a clock.

I checked Autometer website and have locked up. Anybody have a style they like? Would you go digital?

If I can figure out how to load a pic, I'll throw one on here. Not done yet, but I have high hopes.

Kevin
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/02/09 04:11 AM

Old school Stewart Warner
Posted By: TW69bee

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/02/09 07:58 PM

Equus makes some nice stuff
http://www.iequus.com/products.php?category_id=100
Posted By: goldduster318

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/02/09 10:22 PM

I like these autometer designer blacks...they have a white version as well as some ones that are pewter as well...and they make a 5" gauge that has 4 gauges for either a 3 3/8" of 5" opening that looks like this:

They have a speedometer/tach combo as well. I like my autometers, they seem to be of extremely good quality.

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 01:59 AM

Goldduster, that is a sharp set-up. What size are the gauges?

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 02:42 AM

Its from http://fastlanewest.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_48

The speedo and tach are 3 3/8 (electronic speedometer) and the rest of the gauges are 2 1/16. They have a domed type lens on them that looks really cool. I love them, its so much nicer than the Granny Pak cluster. I'll tell you it was a lot of wiring to do it though.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 02:56 AM

I'm also a fan of the autometer designer black series. Just the right balance between new and old. I like the lack of a chrome trim ring as well.

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 03:08 AM

Quote:

I'm also a fan of the autometer designer black series. Just the right balance between new and old. I like the lack of a chrome trim ring as well.

The trim rings on the outside of the gauges are chrome.

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 11:55 AM

They have a new style out. American Muscle . I like the look......got a feeling the price will be a little high. At least til the new wears off. Thinking about checking them out. You can see them on their website.

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/03/09 05:07 PM

btt

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 03:18 AM

Goldduster, I checked Autometers site and didn't see a designer black. Could they be called something else? Or maybe discontinued?

Have you seen the American Muscle gauge they just came out with?
Posted By: vynn3

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 03:39 AM

Quote:

Have you seen the American Muscle gauge they just came out with?

I did - I agree that they look really good! I just wish they had them in full sweep versions. Maybe later...

vm

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 03:41 PM

I've taken some pics and have them in "my pictures" on the puter. If someone could walk me thru it I'd put them on this thread. Long way to go......but I'm thinking it's gonna look pretty good.
Posted By: BSharp

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 04:04 PM

Quote:

Granny Pak cluster

Posted By: ohiodemon

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 04:29 PM

i like the look of your setup.
i've been on their website.
were you satisfied with the quality of the plastic assembly ?

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 05:49 PM

The designer black gauges are called street rod designer black on autometer's website. They're still made.

The plastic insert is pretty nice except I don't believe its designed for use with the stock headlight switch. Mine's in there but I had to mod it a little bit to get it to fit properly. It comes with LEDs for your turn signals and high beam indicator but you have to drill your own hole. Other than that its a pretty decent piece. You also have to do all your own gauge wiring. THAT took a while...I used weatherpack connectors for it so I can take the insert out if I need to.
Posted By: kzcountry

Re: 67 Dart: What style gauge would you use? In-Dash (Ins - 01/04/09 08:29 PM

If you are looking for something different go to speedhut.com and design your own as I did.

© 2024 Moparts Forums