Moparts

70 b body dash lights...

Posted By: mickm

70 b body dash lights... - 06/10/14 08:33 PM

are piss poor at best. not looking to do any rewiring or anything of the sort, but are there better, brighter bulbs out there?
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/10/14 08:48 PM

I saw some LED bulbs on eBay. Don't know how bright they'd be on a 3 amp circuit. The main problem is the blue plastic light filters they bulbs are behind.
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/10/14 08:48 PM

www.superbrightleds.com/

Try these guys, I bought some 1157 replacements from them. The little halogen lights get really warm & I don't know if 40+ year old plastic is up to the heat.
Posted By: mickm

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/10/14 11:03 PM

Quote:

www.superbrightleds.com/

Try these guys, I bought some 1157 replacements from them. The little halogen lights get really warm & I don't know if 40+ year old plastic is up to the heat.

i'll give these a look, thanks.
Posted By: John L

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/11/14 12:47 AM

Just replaced mine with led's over the weekend. It's an improvement but not huge, just about right for me. Did it without removing the instrument panel, it will test your patients but it can be done. If you have a well trained smallish octopus let him do it for you.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/11/14 01:28 AM

The thing with the LEDs is that they don't dim. The are either bright or off (via the dimmer) I did the Super Bright LED upgrade and I like it. I could have removed the blue tint caps but it doesn't bother me. Its a pleasant turquoise in the evening.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 70 b body dash lights... - 06/11/14 03:20 AM

I have put LEDS in a number of my older Mopar cars and trucks and they dim and brighten just fine. I don't know why yours don't.
© 2024 Moparts Forums